UT2004 ECE is out

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Check it out yall :D
[screenshot]http://img4.imgspot.com/u/04/266/18/ECE.JPG[/screenshot]

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Its not a waste of money in my opinion, how often can you hold a retail game and tell a buddy, I have content on this game :D , who cares if you have a download that has some of your content in it.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
UltraNew-B said:
ANy chance on taking a pic of the credits page in the manual?
Sorry man there aint jack about any of the mods on or in the packageing
I looked close, theres nothin :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :mad:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
jerdaygo said:
Sorry man there aint jack about any of the mods on or in the packageing
I looked close, theres nothin :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :mad:

Well there wasn't anything in the contract aout them giving us credit, they did buy it for $1 grand after all

Oh and we're not in the download, which makes sense cos half the people are just gonna delete 80% of what would potentially be a 1gig download

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
ProjectX said:
Well there wasn't anything in the contract aout them giving us credit, they did buy it for $1 grand after all

Oh and we're not in the download, which makes sense cos half the people are just gonna delete 80% of what would potentially be a 1gig download
Just an fyi, that amount is incorrect, but i can tell you the correct amount outside of the forum, or PM.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
the newest ECE bonnus pack founded on unrealtournament's official web site have same component?

very nice covert and 2 Cd only :)

Last edited:

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Actually, I think that download only has the files that were added by Epic. That means if you want to download the mods, you will have to visit each site separately. Duh.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
i just tryed ECE

Very nice skins and models , there is 3 new vehicles too

One tank (a kind of plasma one) called Paladin

primary fire use a medium time reloading shell that kick Manta-Infrantry's ass!
Second fire is an amazing shield that protect you , using the shild won't down his force , but , the only way for ur enemies to disable it is to shot on it untill it overloaded

There is aew flying vehicle! :) i love this one , Animation is just amizing

Primary fire use a halo rocket (not Seeking)

second fire is like the first one , but , A print target apears where u sighted it and ur craft loads up the rockets to shot them Very fast (u can't move the print , once u shoted it , u need to release Second fire) and i Guess this is extremely usefull against an Unpacked Leviathan!

the #rd one is very amazing at the start , but after a while , Gets very boring!
Its an 4 weel fast artilery that use a kind of ,,, bullet that kite a punch

second fire is ,, Very impresive , but like i told u guys , Its very boring after a while

and there is a new Emitter efect when the goliath shot , very nice efect (lol , i don't know if its from newest patch too )

i tryed tham all in VCTF , the artilery s very boring in vctf and all gametypes that alow vehicles, IMHO , this artilery don't fit in 2k4 , maybe for a mod , but not for 2k4

Hey , i wonder what they want u to do if, we can dl ECE from 2k4's official web site

What this ECE 2 cd *FANTASTICK* edition contain?

CBP1-2 ? a lots of map

yea yea , im sure this is only good for somme guys who don't have internet or for the First time u buy 2k4

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
stevenhorton said:
Did they creat a new community interface so UnWheel will open from there?
Nope :p the interface is the same, in instant action, the only plus to that is we are listed by default with all the standard UT gametypes so you know they will be seen :D
and for the second DVD, the second DVD contains all the VTMs by 3dBuzz that came with se and the dvd ed

Learnu

Where ever you go, there you are.
Sep 1, 2004
I'm creaming myself, ECE!, Hey I got the ltd. Edition of 2K4 with the VTM's on, and I just lost hours of my life enjoying making booboo's, It'll be a few years before I get to the standard I wanna be, but making the game is the whole point.... isn't it? ;)

Anyway fantastic news.. :lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
buying this is a waste of money

BUT

if its the first time you bought 2k4 , no its not

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
Kantham said:
buying this is a waste of money

BUT

if its the first time you bought 2k4 , no its not
I agree, D/l the bonus pack, then look for servers with "ECE". You'll d/l the maps as needed.
As far as the 3 new vehicles go, I've only used 2 of them so far. The wepons didn't seem very effective, but then I probably need to learn when and where to use them. I guess I need to play against the computer to see/use the third vehicle.
I found the new flier (not sure of it's name) clumsy, and the wepons were next to impossable to aim on the move. It was also a sitting duck for just about any other wepon. Heck, 'bout the only thing that didn't take it down was the goo-gun (bet if I was close enough, the goo-gun would kill it). The alt fire will be nice for ONS nodes (if their in the open, and you can get a few shots in).
I tried a new type of tank also. The alt fire on this is probably going to be real handy in defending power nodes (great sheild). But the primary fire is no more than the standard tank, but with a slower, more colorfull round. It seems to climb ok, but it's slow, and needs to be able to turn while at a stop.

*EDIT*
ok, saw/tried the third car. Kindda' like long range artilaty....cool, but I haven't learned how to use it yet. My bot was kicking ass with it though :lol:

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
this vehicle suck imho,

HEY , did u seen the 2nd seat in the new aircraft??? - A -W-E-S-O-M-M-E

but

bot play like **** in Vctf whit it

Edit: What? is there a new gun in ECE?

The_Devils_Avarcardo

UnWheel Vehicle Modeller
Mar 11, 2004
Sheffield, UK
www.lod3d.net
The new flying vehicle sucks, bigtime. Sure its cool and everything, but its 90% useless, you're just cannon fodder in that thing. The only way to save it would to make the primary fire missiles homing, and fire more slowly. The plasma tank is... ok. Its a slower tank with a rather useless shield, even with it if you went 1on1 with a tank, the tank would still win.

The best IMO is the artillery gun, it adds a lot of strategy to the game, like i was playing LAN, my friend made some guys follow him directly into a spot where i'd already fired a mortar to, bye bye 5 enemies. (Like project X said, secondary fire a mortar to a spot you feel nice, hit secondary again and it sits in mid air, then you get a target recticle on the ground, and you can fire a cluster bomb at that location). Whoever dosent find that cool then, psh...Not to mention its ridiculously overpowered and way too fast. Shoot that thing sideways while you are driving forwards, you damn near flip over.