1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2004 Dedicated Server Problems

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by «:MX:»MadSniper, Jun 11, 2008.

1. «:MX:»MadSniper

«:MX:»MadSniper I didn't survive SuperCrash '08: The BuF

Hey guys, I know I haven't been on BuF in forever. I've just been so busy with everything else... but that's cool.

So my question is I start UT2004 on my server machine, then choose Dedicated after all my choices to gameplay settings and so forth and with LAN settings turned OFF and my router has the CORRECT opened ports and everything on TCP and UDP, BUT -

I can't join game through my external IP, 68.xxx.xxx.xx:7777 etc.
    I join the game through my LAN IP, 192.168.1.105

What the weirdest part is, is sometimes it connects over the external IP.

And no matter which way it boots up, I can ALWAYS access my webadmin through 68.xxx.xxx.xx:80

Anyone have any clues?

I have any logs, errors, or messages you may wish to see. Please help?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  2. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Can you connect to it from that server machine with localhost IP?
    Oh, and is that a usual LAN IP or do you use Linksys too? :D

3. «:MX:»MadSniper

«:MX:»MadSniper I didn't survive SuperCrash '08: The BuF

Lol yep I use Linksys :p
    Let me try it out and I'll come write whether it connects via localhost to itself.