UT2004 compatible with Next UNREAL?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
anyone have any ideas or guesses if the maps from unreal2004 wil b compatible with the next one, becasue if they wont b then whats the point in making all these new maps etc.... totally pointless by end of year.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
as i suspected a total waste of everyones time and that my friends is why there is no official tutorials or anything like that, because they knew that ut2004 wasnt gonna b around that long! i feel sorry for all the map makers (me included :() ad every1 who made a tutorial etc..... if they arent compitable i feel soo sorry for us,sum1 has to.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
hmm... it might be like ut was to ut2k3/ut2k4... where you haft to redo the whole map on certain areas.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
This game will rock. I don't care about compatiblilty. I doubt the remake maps would play very well with the new movement and weapon balance. Almost all UT map remakes suck, unless they are almost completely revised. It also seems that this new game will be far more promising to mappers and modders.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That guy is sick.

EDIT: Espicaly in Gramatical errors.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
whos gonna pay 50 u.s dollars for that? seriously, and i cant believe you went to amazon and actually searched for one, im laughing soo much now, just what i needed, thanks. ................anyway the point was compatibility.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
OMGPLZFIXYOURGRAMATICALERRSORANDTHINKTWICEBEFORPOSTING!

Mastering the Unreal Technology is the official book for the Unreal Editor 3.0 2k4

his pm said:
oh a forum is where you ask for help or chat with eachother, its not about gramma etc...thats only important when ur telling eachother exactly what to do, you know what i mean,

INIQUITOUS said:
whos gonna pay 50 u.s dollars for that? seriously, and i cant believe you went to amazon and actually searched for one, im laughing soo much now, just what i needed, thanks. ................anyway the point was compatibility.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/search.php?searchid=388060

m_posting.jpg

Last edited:

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
lololololoololololololololololololololololololololollololoolololololloollool u know Kantham you seem to have a fetish for gramma now, may be i wont stop mak ing mis takes just 4 u!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
There are lots of vtms at 3DBuzz. Also, the ECE shipped with video tutorials from 3DBuzz.

The book is comprehensive. If you're serious about mapping, you'd find it invaluable. There's also Unreal Wiki. And there are tutorials at Epic's technology site.

I don't think you'll find a game engine as well documented as the Unreal Engine.

T

Tournament0

briachiae said:
This game will rock. I don't care about compatiblilty. I doubt the remake maps would play very well with the new movement and weapon balance. Almost all UT map remakes suck, unless they are almost completely revised. It also seems that this new game will be far more promising to mappers and modders.

I agree with you. :tup:
This is a new game, new maps and new weapons.

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
there is a 99 percent chance that old maps will not be compatible. With all the new stuff like normal maps and surface frictions, it really wouldn't make sense for epic to make old maps compatible.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
hal said:
There are lots of vtms at 3DBuzz. Also, the ECE shipped with video tutorials from 3DBuzz.

The book is comprehensive. If you're serious about mapping, you'd find it invaluable. There's also Unreal Wiki. And there are tutorials at Epic's technology site.

I don't think you'll find a game engine as well documented as the Unreal Engine.

The VTMS at 3d buzz are exelent , i have watched them all , they help you to progress easily. And faster than books.

Agreed , Mastering the Unreal Technology is a book that is Uneded for mi-proffesionals mappers , but still , it could have somme handy stuff to know.

Mabz

Mar 31, 2005
I Doubt it too... though I guess it would be pretty cool if they could have a free download of the next version of Unreal Ed available

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
INIQUITOUS said:
as i suspected a total waste of everyones time and that my friends is why there is no official tutorials or anything like that, because they knew that ut2004 wasnt gonna b around that long! i feel sorry for all the map makers (me included :() ad every1 who made a tutorial etc..... if they arent compitable i feel soo sorry for us,sum1 has to.
no official tutorials? what are you talking about..

http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome

Last edited: