1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2004 and Win 7 x64

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Thanatosaurus, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Thanatosaurus

Thanatosaurus Member

Do I need to apply the x64 3369 patch for UT2004 to run on Win 7 x64?

Googling yielded no answers.

Thank you.

2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

No. The 64 bit build will just increase performance in 64 bit environments. What that increase might be is questionable.

3. Thanatosaurus

Thanatosaurus Member

I'll try running it without the patch first.

Thank you.

4. dizzm

dizzm New Member

you can't even buy the game now that isn't already patched to 3369. If anything I'd assume you could just run the game in compatibility mode.

5. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

32-bit UT2004 (version 3369; I haven't tried any other, but they probably work too) works fine in 64-bit Windows 7 without any sort of compatibility settings.

6. Sgt.Muffin

Sgt.Muffin PWC-Gaming

To me x64 patch makes things slower with a 64-bit processor. Loading times have increased, the only nice part is reliability. 64-Bit servers seemed more reliable back in the day.