UT2004 and The Team Sportscast Network

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
Unreal Tournament 2004 has hit the gaming world in a big way, and this is only the demo. Don't wait for the full version. If your team is playing another team (ladder, league, or scrim), don't hesitate to have TsN call the shots. Go to http://www.tsncentral.com and click on the request tab. You never know, we might be able to pull ourselves away from this fantastic demo and cover your game.

Remember, http://www.tsncentral.com
We Call the Shots

TyeFang

Ambassador
Hey Guys. I made a suggestion to the SCI/Atari/Epic guys to take some of these "Official Severs" and turn them into "Official Tournament Servers" that peeps like TSN, ladder admins and tournament admins could use for hosting/broadcasting matches.

Not only would this be a great way to support the competitive community, but the frustration of players fighting over clan servers and organizers of various parts having to struggle with getting passwords, setting things up right, etc, could be greatly nullified by using standard, centralized, and reliable servers that everyone trusts.

Is there any action being taken in this direction?

There is great potential here...for something really, really BIG, i think. :)

- Tye

Last edited:

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
If TSN sucked hard enough on Epic's knob, they might be able to get a server for stuff like that. I think it's a great idea in theroy, but in practice, people would still bitch about the location and hops to the server. They always will.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
The official servers are great, but not at 150 ping...

TyeFang said:
Hey Guys. I made a suggestion to the SCI/Atari/Epic guys to take some of these "Official Severs" and turn them into "Official Tournament Servers" that peeps like TSN, ladder admins and tournament admins could use for hosting/broadcasting matches.

Good idea, but while you're at it, any chance of a strong hint at Epic/Atari that some servers in Europe would be a very smart move. Ignoring half your potential players completely isn't good business.