1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2003 Troopers Cancelled

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by RaptoR, Jul 11, 2003.

1. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

Some sad news today from one of the more promising UT2003 modifications. The UT2003 Troopers project will not be released under the current name, but will instead be released as 'Troopers: Dawn of Destiny'. Here's what BadKarma, former Trooper Lead Developer had to say:

It is my sad duty to inform you that troopers rise of the rebellion will not be released.

Team members have pretty much stolen the mod from under me. The plan is to change the name and release it, erase me from the modification totally. I fail to see how you can erase someone who conceived the mod concept 3 years ago, pore his heart into it. Fought for it, brought the team together, and has guided it through leadership until its first demo release.

I am sure that there will be a lot of posts over the next few days about who did what and why, and as I did not agree to sign over the mod and all my maps to members of the team, I will be in for some public harassment as they stated in their transfer document.

Read More

Update: A press release has been released by another member of the Troopers team, and can be found here.

2. [IsP]KaRnAgE

[IsP]KaRnAgE You Can Be My Wingman

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

3. Original9

Original9 Deleted.

The irony. :(

Sorry is happened to you, Bad Karma. :(

4. Buckyfg

Buckyfg New Member

wtf, something isnt right here

5. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray What's going on over here?

waaaaa

A lot of people are posting on the Troopers forum and crying that they should get an explenation. WHY?!?!?! It's none of our business, we are fans but they owe us nothing, no explenation, nothing. It's a FREE mod people!

6. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

7. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

Yeah. This is pretty poor taste of the Troopers team sans BK. :tdown:

I don't care if he's been a jackass, you don't just sit there and give him a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo about taking the mod as a going away present. :mad:

8. Sparky

Sparky Retired Administrator

That's just ****ed... I don't care who they think they are, you just don't do that.

A message from me to the other Troopers members: Get a ****ing life!

9. Original9

Original9 Deleted.

BLACK MAIL

10. beta_aquilae

beta_aquilae ?meh see to glad you orange

my god 3 years.. that not right.. The ppl that did this should be run out of the ut2k3 and ut community, with them covered in feathers and tar.
    We should ban them from servers. And have there names never spoken again.

When they wanna release a mod, we just give them the finger. No one deserves that kinda of robbery and disrespect.

Sorry this happened to you badkarma, I stand with you man.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2003
  11. Stryker8

Stryker8 New Member

its a shame really, BK's one of the most respected unreal community members, to get kicked out in this situation.
    In any case i'm definatly NOT going to download troopers, they lost every bit of support from me.

I'm also baffled by the way those guys handled the situation PR wise, they hit rockbottom imo, wonder how they are going to get out of this one.

12. Ulukai

Ulukai New Member

Something just doesn't add up here.

If 11 people feel so strongly that BK is a bad leader, and that his behaviour is unconstructive, maybe they have a point.

I've witnessed the follwing behaviour regarding his non-troopers work from him on public forums/his website before:

" emotional outbursts resultant in discomfort and production slowdown amongst the team members; defensive attitude and inability to receive active and progressive criticism from [team members]."

Before y'all go getting rowdy, you might want to peek over the other side of the fence, and listen to what the other guys have to say.

13. Swedix

Swedix Retired from UT2004

I have read the posts over there, and to me it seems that some people just getting greedy :(
    $$

14. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

But Swedix, there are no $$ to be made on a mod based on George Lucas' intellectual properties.

15. Swedix

I might be wrong, but I was think of MSU.

16. Stryker8

Stryker8 New Member

they started censoring the new forums :rolleyes:
    Djeez, nice way to get the public to read your story, not

17. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Entries aren't allowed to contain copyrighted material. It'd be kinda hard to strip all of that out of this mod. ;)

18. Swedix

Not even if they are allowed from the legal owners of the copyrighted material?
    From what I read in the 'drama-thread', they are entering this mod to MSU.

19. Sparky

Sparky Retired Administrator

If they enter (which I don't think they should bother doing, simply because the mod isn't original) and they win... they simply don't get any prizes or the engine. Seems pointless to me, and after reading all those threads it seems the boys couldn't take BK's lets wait a few more days/weeks before releasing the demo. Greedy indeed, and you've gotta laugh at that crappy legel-smegal they sent him... that's blackmail boys, get a grip.

20. ActionHaNk

ActionHaNk New Member

That legal crap is really a sad thing. It's a frikkin' mod ffs :S It is supposed to be fun...Or am I wrong??... hmmm