UT2003 - Skinpack - Spark/Blaze

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of this skin?

• :tup:

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • :hmm:

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Slaughter

exsomnis
Feb 16, 2004
Germany
slaughter.jimdo.com
Skin/Model Name: Spark/Blaze
UT(99/2k3/2k4): UT2003/4
System Requirements: NA
Author(s): Fuzzlebunny
Download: Spark&Blaze

Screenshot:[SCREENSHOT]http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/src/img_skins/pic2_id1494.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Model: MercFemale A (Prism)

Support (SP/MP/Both): Both
Support (Team Colours): 2
Known Issues: None
Additional Info: Both Characters are choosable for player`s character in SinglePlayer-mode.
Character can be chosen as teammate in SinglePlayer-mode.
Default Human female voice.

REVIEW

At first i thought i´ve downloaded another simple recolor with some twists...i was wrong.
This skin is a complete reskin of the Prism Model and a fairly good one.

The Good:

The colorshemes are great.Blaze comes in a strong red/orange, black and white while Spark has a military theme with different greentones.
The heads are some of the best i´ve seen so far...both look a lot tougher and battleproofed than the original skins.The Body- and Headtexture are both original (no Parts of other Skins have been used) which adds to the score.
Both have Cybernetic parts in their faces which fit great to the overall theme.I especially like Sparks scar and eye, it really looks burned by a strong electric shock (i´m an electrician,trust me i know what i´m talking about:lol: ).

The Bad:

They lack any bio and Sparks botstats seem a little underpowered...that´s about it.
No ctf4 Support but i guess that´s okay since this skin is pretty old.

The Bottom Line:

One of my alltime Favs...If you´re looking for a nice addition to your Skinarsenal this is a musthave.

TOTAL SCORE 8.5/10

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Okay I had a proper look at these having seen the review and here's my opinion;

They're an okay pair of skins I guess but nothing to write home about. I've seen much better. Blaze is quite good especially the default colour scheme and the sporty look is nice. Spark is just horrible with the gaudy(?) colours. TCs are okay on both but they could have been thought out better. In game, particularly where TCs are concerned I barely noticed a difference between either character.

One thing really turned me off was the three backbones the skins seem to have ;)

Not my cup of tea and a meagre 5.5/10 from me :hmm:

Meatball01

May 8, 2005
Florida
Starry Might said:
Nice review, Slaughter! :D

Yeah, these skins are cool, I've had them since the "UT 2003" days...I'd give them an 8.5/10, too.

Yeah. :( I've actually written Bios for them, but they're incomplete, and I'd have to edit the .upl files to make them work. :hmm:

go ahead and edit the upl files, it only detects charaters by name

Meatball01

May 8, 2005
Florida
nothing will happen at all, trust me

i once had a character named Cryss, I saw someone online using it, i later changed the character entirely but kept the name, and when i saw the person again he was wearing the new skin :)

Last edited: