1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT04 Cd Key error

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by JackofSpades, May 10, 2006.

1. JackofSpades

JackofSpades New Member

I recently wanted to hook me and my brother up on LAN to play UT 2004, but I didn't have the discs on hand. My only way to get him my copy was to put out extra hdd into my pc, and copy the UT04 directory onto the drive. I figured I would probably get a few problems getting it to run on his pc, so now is when I need a little help.

I put the hdd into his computer, and when I run the .exe file to launch unreal, I get an error saying "Appears to be an invalid cd key, please reinstall"(or somthing along those lines). As I said, I don't have my discs on hand at the moment. So, any suggestions to fix this? Maby a file that needs to be placed into the registry?

2. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

UT2004 needs to be installed manually or you will get that error. Only fix for it is, install it with CD/DVD's.

3. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

The CD Key is stored in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004

Not sure if putting that in will work though. There might be other files/reg entries needed.
    You will probably have to install it correctly

4. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

5. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

Paste into a new .reg file:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004]
    "Folder"="D:\\UT2004"
    "Version"="3369"
    "CDKey"="YOUR-CDKEY-GOES-HERE"
    "ADMIN_RIGHTS"="You need to run this program as an administrator, not as a guest or limited user account."
    "NO_DISC"="No disc in drive.  Please insert the disc labeled 'Unreal Tournament 2004 Play Disc' to continue."
    "NO_DRIVE"="No CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive detected."
    "TITLEBAR"="Unreal Tournament 2004"
    "WRONG_DISC"="Wrong disc in drive.  Please insert the disc labeled 'Unreal Tournament 2004 Play Disc' to continue."
    "YEAR"="2004"