1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ut smash-a-thon

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by Pat, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Pat

Pat BANNED

someone should create a 2d mod that doesnt suck, maybe like a supersmash brothers mod (if anyone has played it) it has 3d models but only a 2d movement. they could make it use any weapons from mod or regular ut weaps, but the levels would have to be specaly made.... i think ive got a good concept here.
    what do you guys think? any takers?

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

your avatar..... it's so.... happy.... :D

a 2d shooter, kind of like the Contra series for Nintendo, you mean?

3. arcanex

arcanex teh grinning totem

Our team (me and one other person) are working on a side-scrolling mod right now (we're planning it to be like Contra). Trouble is, we're inexperienced and don't have a whole lot of time with school work and all to work on it so progress is barely perceptible.

4. Pat

Pat BANNED

yeah just like contra. (ahhh the good old days of super C)
    but i think it would also be cool to have a deathmatch that scrolls left and right (as you move to the sides of the screen)
    and it should be 3d modled with reguler ut models (not like the so called "models" in that 2d mod that just came out) and it would be cool if it could use normal weapons, or weapons from other mods (u4e would be expeccially cool) i don't know what you could do with weapons that shoot sideways though(like the muilti-rockets of the RL). One problem i can think of is that you would have to code the AI since its 2d now.

as to my avatar im... heh.... looking, dont worry neme (feel free to mail me one :) ).
    and btw if you need any webspace for MS i have aquired 10 mb you can have (i know its not much) i feel mod squad is a worthy charity :) e-mail me at hoodedone@earthlink.net if you want it

Last edited: Feb 15, 2002
  5. Pat

Pat BANNED

bump