1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT server browser problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Pziko Snake, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Pziko Snake

Pziko Snake ((ITA)) Clan Member

I gotta a serious problem with UT... Yesterday and This Morning I couldn't view the UT servers (I couldn't see JailBreak ones 2!!!)...
    Now it's fine, but I think that this problem will happen again, I hope it won't happen at 20:00 (sunday lockdown).

If anyone can explain me what happened and how to fix it, I'll be very happy ;)

2. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

Jailbreak uses a different master server, maybe that one wasn't available. To join the lockdown, just enter the URL directly or click the link on the stats page of the Jailbreak Mothership (the lockdown server).

3. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

Unfortunately the StatsPage (Wormbo is pointing at) suffers from the same problems and thus isn't available as long as the server does not show up in the UT serverbrowser most of the times. The best thing to do, is to write down the server IP (80.86.190.72:7777) and make use of UT'S DirectConnect feature if the server does not show up for you. That's supposed to work 100%

Last edited: Aug 3, 2003
  4. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

...or just add the MotherShip server to your favorites in Unreal Tournament's server browser.

5. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

Yepp, having the MotherShip in the favourites tab is an adviseable thing (as it works most of the time from over there, no matter if the server shows up in the Jailbreak server tab or not - but it's once again not 100% fail-safe). The most secure way to do is to use the DirectConnect feature as that one is completely independant from the master servers and thus only fails if the server is down (e.g. because of a crash).

6. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

The favorites tab is as fail-safe as the direct connection dialog. If the server doesn't respond to a ping it might take a couple of seconds to show up, but otherwise the favorites tab is entirely independent from any master servers or the like.

7. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

Oh, ok - must have been me being too impatient to wait :)

Edit: Just a few minutes ago, I was -once again- unable to connect to the server via the favourites tab (nor the regular Jailbreak tab) even though I was waiting patiently for a response. All I got was the 'Unable to resolve masterserver blah blah' message shown in the bottom line of the browser window. The only way that worked for me was using the DirectConnect feature ...

8. Pziko Snake

hmmm, lol I couldn't be here cus I was out :( next sunday i'll be playing ;)

9. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

What about Wednesday? :)

10. Pziko Snake

:D No problem, mon! to SexMachine: In the Mapvote welcome message why don't u put use the blink code around the words that u want to blink? It would be really cool ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2003
  11. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

The words I wanted to 'blink' actually are blinking. :)

12. Pziko Snake

:con: I think I'm way blind, lol :con:

:redeemer:

13. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

Hehe, no you are not. It's just that I don't want any word/line to 'blink' at all :D

14. Pziko Snake

:(, bad! Try to blink like:
    Mutators Today: (blinking)
    - fdsgasg
    - grsgagh

Trust me ;)

15. Trueblood

Trueblood Silly Brit

I havent seen the welcome message for a long time! :lol: i always just press Esc when it pops up. Maybe you should attach a sound file to it or something....hey ! theres an idea...get NY grrrl to say "welcome to the mother ship prisoner, you wont leave here alive." :lol: