1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ut mod

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by tdbone1, Aug 9, 2000.

1. tdbone1

tdbone1 New Member

what is the best mod for ut that is similar to counter strike for half-life or rogue spear or swat3

what i mean by best is that alot of ppl play and that looks and acts similar to the games i listed
    tx

2. LogicBomb

LogicBomb New Member

There are 3 that I know of - Infiltration, SWAT (now Tactical Ops) and Special Forces. I've only tried SWAT (as SWAT) and the basic premise seemed to be the same as Counter Strike....which I've played once.....

I know my ****!! :)

Whats the deal with the stars????

3. tdbone1

tdbone1 New Member

do u know if ne of those mods let u talk (not just text messages) out loud to ur team..such as commands

thnx
    and i think ut is great i just havent played it in a while ive been playing counter strike with the half-life engine and its fun but i know it is possible or probable that ut has a better mod similar to that out so if someone can help me get away from counter strike let me know the mod

tx again

4. LogicBomb

LogicBomb New Member

5. tdbone1

tdbone1 New Member

sorry bout the misunderstanding dude..i didnt clarify

i didnt mean talk like irc but i meant like talk in tribes or like this
    say i hit a button "z" then a list of commands pop up then i either hit a key or highlight that command for example "stick togather team, fire in the hole" but it says it out loud to ur team mates (not in a text message)

tx for ur help and ne1 elses who might have input

6. LogicBomb

LogicBomb New Member

Gotcha! My bad....anyways...I can only speak for SWAT as it was then, but yeah, it uses UTs voice command menu, with specific stuff for that mod. And relays the message to your team mates.

7. tdbone1

tdbone1 New Member

kool

tx dude

i go dl now
    :)

8. Sam_The_Man

Sam_The_Man I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism

Is Special Ops what used to be Strike Force?

9. tdbone1

tdbone1 New Member

sam_the_man

im not sure if special ops has turned into strike force

10. ShadowKi][er

ShadowKi][er  

Tac OPs is the closest mod when U look @ SWAT3. MayB becasue tac ops has SWAT ppl. in it....

11. LogicBomb

LogicBomb New Member

Uh, don't know where special ops came from (is that a PSX game) it's Strike Force....not tried it....or Tactical Ops since the name change from SWAT....but SWAT seemed to be basicaly the same idea as Counter Strike - except on UT. I never really got into Counter Strike in Half-Life..