1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by UnrealGold57, Feb 18, 2011.

1. UnrealGold57

UnrealGold57 New Member

Hey guys, I've had the original retail version of UT (not GOTY) for as long as I can remember. So as I realize how much I miss playing UT, I think it was about time I reinstall it. When I'm installing the game, an error suddenly appears saying that the source file "city.utx" couldn't be written (or something like that). I even tried cleaning the disk to no avail. I know a thread like this has already been posted, but idc! I just need some help asap, thanks!

2. VendorX

VendorX Member

That package is corrupted/scratched disc and your OS can't read. You need new copy...

3. UnrealGold57

UnrealGold57 New Member

I also had another UT disk (not CD2) just incase the other one doesn't work. I use it for a backup, I just noticed.

4. VendorX

VendorX Member

You have original disk or downloaded...
    Try copy CD in to HD and run 'Setup'.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  5. UnrealGold57

UnrealGold57 New Member

Actually, I have 2 CDs, 1 is the original, & the other 1 is a backup incase the original cd doesn't work.

EDIT: Wow, what a coincidence! It works on my NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, same for my NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT. Odd..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  6. BITE_ME

BITE_ME Bye-Bye

UT was not to big data wise.
    So I just type in all the code from memory.
    No CD needed.
    New keyboard=true.

7. RohitMudgil

RohitMudgil Delhi packers and movers

hi frnd thanx for suggestion ..............

8. UnrealGold57

UnrealGold57 New Member

guys plz help me

9. Raynor.Z

Raynor.Z Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus

If your system cannot read the disc then you need new copy (and if suggestions people posted before did not help either).

10. BITE_ME

BITE_ME Bye-Bye

Go clean your CD lens ;)

11. VendorX

VendorX Member

I've said copy CD in to HD, if you can do this its mean, that CD is OK and file "city.utx" is corrupted (... and downloaded too...). Now try to find/download that missing package, replace and run Setup from HD. After that you need change in registry path pointing to CD driver.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011