1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT GOTY critical error

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by okeee, Sep 13, 2019.

1. okeee

okeee New Member

i have been playing unreal on my back up win xp pc for years, but suddenly it will only crash to windows. safe mode with each of the default options wont work either. d3d9 renders would not work either.

screenshot of the critical error log: zyvqlTr - Imgur.png

2. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Maybe the UWetTexture file (if there is one) is corrupt. Did you make sure there were no hard disk errors first? Do you have any weird things on the screen that would indicate video card starting to fail? If you have to do a reinstall, then make sure you copy and paste those two INI files somewhere else and possibly copy/paste all the custom content. I'm still running on the UT games from my WinXP computer (10 years old).

3. okeee

okeee New Member

well the strange thing is, i already reinstalled the game, but I still get the same error. Then I tried some other versions on the web, but each of them gave the same error message. So I am really confused. I did not notice any harddisk or video card errors.

4. SkaarjMaster

Did you update video card drivers between the game running fine and then getting that error? Maybe the video drivers got corrupted and have to be uninstalled and reinstalled. I would also make sure your video card GPU is not overheating. That's all I can think of right now.

5. okeee

okeee New Member

I did not update the video software or any other drivers. Also I dont notice any errors from other games, i even installed unreal 2003 and 2004 and they work without issues.

6. SkaarjMaster

see if anything in here will help:
    https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal...-help-map-file-corrupt-because-of-wet-texture

I searched for UWetTexture error on google, but you probably checked all those links out already. Did you add any custom maps? I don't even have any files anywhere in any subdirectory that start out with UWetTexture....for my UT GOTY edition install and that is with over 1,000 custom maps. Strange.......? Must be an error with files embedded in map files.