UT General protection fault!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Recidivist

Jan 15, 2000
UK
Visit site
KingCole....I had exactly the same problem as you.UT worked fine for a week then I had EXACTLY the same message everytime i pressed ESC.I have now solved the problem...it only crashes when you use he keyboard.The way I got around this was by starting windows in step-by-step confirmation mode and tried various combinations of yes/no to get it working fine (althogh with no hardware acceleration and no internet play /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif>>> )
Try it 'cos nothing else worked.

KingCole

Jan 22, 2000
New Haven, CT, USA
My brother has an IBM 500 mhz pentium3 96 mb ram and a v3 pci card... and it works fine for him. but i have an HP pavilion 550mhz pentium3 128mb SDRAM memory,v3 agp and 19 gigs of hard drive space. Every time i load UT it plays the intro movie, i hit escape, then it shows the main screen for a split second then gives me the following error message.

General Protection Fault

History: UModel::LineCheck <- CheckWithLevel <- ULevel::MoveActor <- AActor::physFalling <- APawn::performPhysics <- AActor:: Tick <- TickAllActors <- Ulevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

NOW WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!!! can someone PLEASE tell me how to FIX THIS...any help is HIGHLY APPRECIATED. thanks.

------------------
hi

KingCole

Jan 22, 2000
New Haven, CT, USA
by the way i've instaled the 405 patch on both comps

bullet2.gif

hi

Comp625

Dec 10, 1999
Visit site
I get the same error msg but only when the action in-game gets really hefty for my system. Like, Im playin on the Asssult map with the boat...and everyone on the servers pinging 700+ and flaks and rockets are around..boom my UT goes into a similar (or if not, even the same) General Fault Protection Error. Someone know wtf is up with this?
I can't lose out during a game like that...but it doesnt matter to me, only happened twice to me, out of liike the many times i played UT.
Thanks.

KingCole

Jan 22, 2000
New Haven, CT, USA
dude thanks for the tip and youre right we have the EXACT same prob...except for that it never worked on my comp. we tried to load up a dm map by itself and it worked! but the downside was u were right about the keyboard...touch any key and UT closes and an error opens.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR GIVE ME ADVICE?? MAKE A PATCH MAYBE??

bullet2.gif

hi