UT Gametypes in XMP?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
I know that alot of people hate the idea of anything but artifacts, god knows why... but if you had to choose one ut gametype that would be added along with xmp, what would it be?

Eventually someone will do this to one or all gametypes, CTF for certain as many asked for that anyway and since xmp is a team fortress styled game it just makes sense.

Personally i think that assualt has to be used eventually, either by free monkey or the community. XMP Assualt would totally kick ass!!!

Also, bombing run and double domination in ut are kinda crappy, but i think the classes and the defensive items could really intensify their gaemplay alot. Canal Zone (Capture Points) and Push (Bombing Run) were awsome in TFC with classes already.

XMP is already alot like onslaught so i think it would fit in just fine, especially with fences and sentrys to help defend points.

If i had to pick, AS, CTF and ONS would be my top choices, since XMP is already alot like ONS and CTF, i would have to say assualt would be my choice.

I know alot of people hate UT, and think that new things will ruin xmp (worse lol), but just for topic sake pick one of the already coded gametypes that you think would atleast be acceptable for xmp, or possibly something similar to one that would be easy to do.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
I don't know about UT Gametypes, but I will attempt to port (prolly completely rewrite) CrystalGame over from cXp.
Under two conditions tho: 1) Enough people play UTXMP. 2) I have the ability to code it ;)

Last edited:

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Pro^Kp said:
You mean Onslaught is alot like XMP

I would say onslaught is alot more like bf1942, and planetside than like xmp. Xmp is more like Tribes 2 and TFC (qwtf etc). I just meant that you capture points kinda like the gens.

XMP was out first but I doubt the 2k4 devs all decided to play of xmps huge success rofl :rolleyes: they were more looking at bf1942.

ONS could actually be done really cool with xmp, if the main base gens were all you got, and the more nodes you have the less power you lose or something, last team with power wins. The power wins in xmp were cooler than any rush win or long game imo. So funny to win that way :)

Majai

Aug 18, 2004
I would say Assult woudl be the best gametype to make compatable with XMP. ONS,CTF,DDOM are all in XMP no need to have games types for them.

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
As an avid Assault player, I would love to see an XMP/Assault hybrid. I kind of like the idea of adding more strategy to Assault, especially with the weapons and gameplay mechanics (revival, classes, etc.) of XMP. Could that be made into a mutator instead of a mod? You wouldn't necessarily need the XMP models, but the weapons and mechanics should be able to be changed with a mut.

Regardless, keep up the good work!

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
The only reason I suggested the mutator idea is because of the huge amount of time that AS maps take to make when compared to other gametypes. With all the work that these guys are doing, I would guess that they'll want a little time off once UTXMP is finally done. With a mutator, you can get alot of the gameplay mechanics and weapons without having to recode every single map. That being said, anything that combines XMP and AS is great in my book, and I would love to see it done regardless of method.

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Dead_Hood said:
With a mutator, you can get alot of the gameplay mechanics and weapons without having to recode every single map.

Not sure how well it would work tbh. How would the maps work with xmp style jumping? Even if you just added the weapons, I'm sure conc jumping would mess things up