ut-files.com face lift

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
Hey guys,

I just wanted to announce that I have done a lot of changes to ut-files.com. I gave it a nice face lift and added some new features. So let me know what you guys like/dislike.

Change Log:
*New layout look
*Search Function
*Download Counter

I am also working on something that will allow me to add descriptions to the files. Though there are a LOT of files on the site, so I would like to get some outside help with this. Right now I am just making sure that I can give people access to ONLY change/add descriptions to files and not be able to mess with anything else.

Once I am done with that, which I should be soon. I am going to start giving people, whom I think are trustworthy access to the site so they can start adding descriptions.

Here is the main reason why I am starting this thread.

If there are anyone on here who would like to contribute to this, by taking the time to add descriptions to files on your free time, please reply to this thread letting me know you'd like access.

As always, if there are files you have/know of that are NOT on ut-files.com and you have access to it. Please let me know, I'll have it added ASAP.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
I prefer this face lift than the previous, I just think you could make a Single player mods category for the mods like operation na pali if you have more than 2 - 3 mods of this kind ....

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
I have operation na pali on there already. Its under GameTypes/ONP I also have xidia on there. Sure there may be other SP mods in there that I'm not aware of. If you don't see it though, let me know what and where I can get it, I'll add it.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
I see them ;) but you can check moddb and add some files in your site :)

I am only one person. :eek: It takes time to see if I already have a file on the site. Though the search feature built into the site makes this process 11ty billionty times easier and faster. So will multiple sets of eyes. So if you notice something not on the site, then send me a link/name/information and I'll get it added A.S.A.P. Providing a direct download link would be the best way.

I'm not too big into the single player stuff, so I essentially don't know what to look for or what I'm looking at. I've spent hours uploading UT2k4 stuff to the site, only to realize later it's for UT2k4 and not UT, so I removed them as to not confuse people.

Guess adding a UT2k4 and UT3 sub sections on the site should be on the "To Do List". :lol:

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
I have a small team of about 3 people already working on adding descriptions to the files hosted on ut-files.com.

If anyone from here would like to help out, please reply to this thread and you'll be considered.

Thanks,
Skillz

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
I am only one person. :eek: It takes time to see if I already have a file on the site. Though the search feature built into the site makes this process 11ty billionty times easier and faster. So will multiple sets of eyes. So if you notice something not on the site, then send me a link/name/information and I'll get it added A.S.A.P. Providing a direct download link would be the best way.

I'm not too big into the single player stuff, so I essentially don't know what to look for or what I'm looking at. I've spent hours uploading UT2k4 stuff to the site, only to realize later it's for UT2k4 and not UT, so I removed them as to not confuse people.

Guess adding a UT2k4 and UT3 sub sections on the site should be on the "To Do List". :lol:

Did you even read any of this? ;)

Diehard

I follow the topic for a few days now, and i would like to make a propose (in time) to maybe share FTP to gain eachothers files.

I know you have a bunch of files i dont have, and i am sure i have tons of files you dont have. I calculated the amount sitting on your site, and come to a +/- of 10 gig. Unreal Texture has currently 30 gig+ of UT downloads. And if all goes well, some 10 gig will be added on top of that in a not too far future.

At this moment i am too ill to do anything really, but in time after i added the missing files to the site you may want to share FTP with me.

Unreal Texture contains all files from Beyond Unreal (Including ModSquad and SkinCity, NaliCity) as well as all files from FileFront. Though alotta work i would like to add all files from FilePlanet and more easelly :p your files (through FTP :D).

One remark for now, you should add the (S3TC) textures to your site as well: Textures

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
All of those files will be added (S3TC) as well as all the files from Nalicity. I currently only have ~10% of free space on the server (80GB harddrive) so I am waiting to settle into my new home before I upgrade to a newer server. I just got my DSL/Phone line connected to the house, now I just need to run the line(s) and setup the modem; as well as a few other things I need to spend more money on before I upgrade the server.

Once that is done, I have around 25Gb worth of maps that will be uploaded, plus all the textures/files from your site (dont recall the size of that right now)

Sharing wont be a problem though. Plus if you have a faster upload speed than I do, it would probably be easier for you to upload them (only have a 300kbps upload). Doing 10s+ Gb worth of data will take a long time.

Last edited:

Diehard

Plus if you have a faster upload speed than I do, it would probably be easier for you to upload them (only have a 300kbps upload).

The sheer amount of data makes it impossible to sort out data on the spot, we will have to download the entire site from eachother, otherwise it will take months to sort out.

I have done this numerous times before and there really is only oné way to do it. We both need to get FTP from eachother and download the entire site from eachother(aprox 30-40 gig each) and store them in a seperate location. And there is a reason for that, it means the work is split in half. But most important, files get corrupted, and with a large amount like we have the amount of corrupt files will be relative high.

If i download new files i store them in a seperate location where i unpack all files to find which ones are corrupted so i can take them out, and i do the same for the files i already have. You should do the same, and winrar can easelly unpack everything in bulk. Simply let it run, and it will only take a full day work to unpack and sort 40 gig of data really. In that way sorting out all data goes pretty fast. After that i can upload the difference to the site, for you, you simply have to move them to the correct location :)

And the other most important thing is, you CANNOT add data, you downloaded from my site to your site till i am done downloading from your site as well. And this goes vice versa, i CANNOT add any files to my site i downloaded from you before you are done. Because if we would do so, we would also be downloading content from ourselves :cool: :rolleyes: We need to store them in a seperate location till were both done, theres no way around that :)

I know that uploading the entire site for me took 4 times (4 games) 90 hours, which also means i cannot do anything with my FTP at that moment. Dont forget my site is remote, yours is at home. Which also means you cannot upload to my site, because it means i still would have to download whatever you uploaded again.........Which doubles the amount of traffic.

But from what i read, you also still have alot to do as i have also(not to mention my poor health) But its cool to know you are willing to do so :) So i asume we could share FTP when we are both ready.

Diehard

Ah ic lol i read story below with a complete wrong perspective :)

All of those files will be added (S3TC) as well as all the files from Nalicity. I currently only have ~10% of free space on the server (80GB harddrive) so I am waiting to settle into my new home before I upgrade to a newer server. I just got my DSL/Phone line connected to the house, now I just need to run the line(s) and setup the modem; as well as a few other things I need to spend more money on before I upgrade the server.

With that story i asumed you were building a new server rig at home including needed connection speed, my bad lol. But the story even aplies more than ever in that case, since i asume you keep a mirror from your site at home as well. If we upload to eachothers site we still have to download them to home, to get a backup mirror at home(in case the host screws up and you gotta reupload everything).