UT Demo- LAN Server - How??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiEvEr

Nov 27, 1999
Crewe, UK
www.botgod.org.uk
Can anyone help me out here?

I run a LAN at home, we havenetworking up and running for Quake, Quake2, Kingpin, etc.. but when we run a server the other machines can't "see" it!

I'vbe searched for instruction on exactly what protocols I need running but can't find any..

The scumsucking publishers have delayed our full game release to December FFS! I hate them... :p

------------------
--
RiEvEr..

lehwalder

Nov 27, 1999
slc utah usa
Visit site
i had a similar problem, heres what you need to do... tcp/ip is the only protocol used by unreal tournament, therefore you need it, you should allready have it if you use the internet though. the key is in both or all of your computers NEED to be on the same subnet, or UT will not see the other computers.open a command prompt on one of your machines, type ipconfig , this will tell you what ip you are using on that computer, you need to check all computers and see if they use the same subnet. you can manually pick your ip address in network,tcp/ip properties box, however this can effect your internet access.if you include more info on what your internet connectivity is (cable,dialup,1,2 or more pc's,etc.) then i could give you more advice.good luck i will check back to see if it works for you!

lehwalder

Nov 27, 1999
slc utah usa
Visit site
oh yeah, the reason that quake2 ,kingpin ,etc work is because they use other protocols as well such as ipx, which does not require the same demand that tcp/ip requires. this is the exact problem that i had on my home LAN, and modifying the ip addresses worked great, i now can play UT with a nice 6 ping on my LAN.

RiEvEr

Nov 27, 1999
Crewe, UK
www.botgod.org.uk
Hell,that's inconvenient... My ISP assigns dynamic addresses. I'llsee if I can find some way of setting this up so that UT runs over the TCP/IP link between the two machines....

I wonder if they thought about this when they decided against IPX??

bullet2.gif

--
RiEvEr..

hercemer

Nov 30, 1999
kansas
Visit site
assuming you connect to the internet through a modem, TCP/IP for your LAN will not effect your internet connection.
just assign the TCP/IP protocol for your network card, and leave the TCP/IP for your Dial up Adapater alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.