1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT crashing

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by dead clown, Jan 9, 2002.

1. dead clown

dead clown self-righteous ****0r

i realise this is no rare occourance for most of us, but it's started happening at some point EVERY TIME i play UT. what happens is when i go to play online, after i've gone to find internet games at some point (nothing in particular seems to trigger it) it will just hang. not crash or give an error message, just stop totally, after that i have to alt-control-delete to restart my PC because i can't even get back to the desk top with alt-tab. i don't have any other programs running and the only mutators i have are the ones that came with the bonus packs and it only ever happens when i play online. anyone have this happen or know what might be causing it?

...and a black eye to the first wit who says "just don't play online" :)

2. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I jsut read the first few lines. free up more space on your hdd!!!
    I had problems till I freed up more space on my hdd where windows is running on! that helps

3. Evil_Cope

Evil_Cope For the Win, motherfather!

if that doesnt help, look in the unrealtournament.log in unrealtournament>system folder. might shine some light...

4. Frostblood

Frostblood Strangely compelling...

Are you having any problems with the internet other than for UT?

5. Rukee

Rukee Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

are you overclocking at all????
    UT doen`t like to be overclocked at all!!
    Mine locks if I turn up the FSB too far and locks the whole PC just like you disscribed.

6. dead clown

dead clown self-righteous ****0r

i'm not over-clocking, i have 24gigs free on my hard drive and according to an ISP specific modem speed test i did last night my cable modem is faster than it probably should be, so it's not that :/

thanks for the helps anyway.

7. Evil_Cope

Evil_Cope For the Win, motherfather!

check out the log then and post anything that crops up too often to be good.