1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ut Community Patch

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Mang Nux, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Mang Nux

Mang Nux New Member

Which is the best/latest patch for UT? I've seen a few, and now I'm confused as to which I should install...

2. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

3. Mang Nux

Mang Nux New Member

I was meaning the latest community patch, or does using one of those break online gameplay?

OMP-UT V0.2 patch and then add the OpenGL 3.6 renderer. Would that be the way to go?

4. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

Ahh. Sorry, I don't use the OMP patch for UT but I do use the OpenGL patch and it certainly doesn't cause a problem with online play for me. That said, I'm sure that there would be howling from the rooftops if the OMP patch caused a significant problem with online play.

The only scenario that I can think of the might be an issue is if some server is running a custom anti-cheat package that looks at the loaded DLLs but I quite often find that I'm not going to play on those because of the amount of non-standard rubbish that they try to download.

5. Mang Nux

Mang Nux New Member

Why don't you use the OMP patch? ...I mean to say; is there any reason not to use it? (cause some problem?)

6. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

Laziness.

I am unaware of any issue with the patch that should give you cause for concern but (as I noted) I don't use it so I'm not best placed to advise. I suspect that some Googling is in order... :)

7. Mang Nux

Mang Nux New Member

I just wanted the OpenAL/Fmod audio drivers from the patch, that's why I install it (now I have to figure out which is better!).

8. medor

medor Member

9. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Nope, no reason not to use OMP. Well, unless you really hate the green icon, but it's not really a huge problem now is it.

10. Mang Nux

Mang Nux New Member

Sorry? I don't quite understand. What is that V3 thing? It's about 300mb :eek:

I don't have any green icon... Did I do something wrong?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  11. medor

medor Member

Official demo UT99 + Official patch 436nodelta + optimization +(WOTgreal Exporter v.3005,*XConsole v.3.4.1,*Acorp UTGM v.3F ,*Actor Class Browser True,*Ready ClanFlags,*Last renderer opengl35 and D3D9,*LauncherUT99HighPriority,*UnrealTournament.ini modified,*User.ini modified,*WarConfig ready*BT Browser,*Udemo33 etc...

12. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Or maybe it's only in the Unreal version. If so, then it's even better.