"UT 2004" Skin Review: "Nikki" by Loric (Sapphire/Satin Skin)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What Do You Think of My Review?

• Good!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • *SHRUG*

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Bad! (Please Say Why)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Nikki - DOWNLOAD (2.9 MB), SkinCity
pic2_id1175.jpg

Author: Loric
Model: Sapphire/Satin (MercFemaleB)
Team Colors: 2
Online-Friendly?: Yes (she doesn’t have any Custom Species and/or Voicepacks that would complicate things)
Can Be Used in "UT 2004's" Single-Player Mode?: Yes
Can Be Recruited in "UT 2004's" Single-Player Mode?: Yes (thanks, MäxX)
Made For: “Unreal Tournament 2003” (works just fine in “UT 2004”)

Bot Stats:
Aggressiveness: 0.00
Accuracy: 0.24
Combat Style: 0.00
Strafing Ability: -0.50
Tactics: -0.50
Reaction Time: 0.01
Jumpiness: 0.00
Weapon Preference: None

Note: This info was gleaned from the Bot Config info in-game using the “Edit" option. I had to fiddle slightly with the abilities and hit "Reset" to see the numbers, so while I tried to get it as close as possible, I'm not vouching for 100% accuracy, here.

Bot Use: 0 (no such string exists in the .upl)

THE REVIEW:

Starting with a self-titled remix of Remus, Loric went on to make a number of nice skins for “Unreal Tournament 2003/2004”. He hasn’t really been up to much since the “Community Bonus Pack 2” (I once saw a topic he made at the Atari Forums showing off a model he was making, but that was never released). Pity, ‘cause he’s got talent, that’s for sure. Anyway, for my second SkinCity review, I’m gonna take a look at one of his “UT 2003”-era skins, “Nikki”.

The Good:

As you can see, Nikki is a heavily modified version of Satin. I don’t mind modifications of stock skins as long as they look different enough from the original and/or have good appeal, and Nikki has both these things going for her.

Nikki is a crimson-haired, green-eyed beauty who wears lovely green-and-gold-colored armor and clothing. Thanks to a Shader, the armor is nice and shiny. I remember once long ago seeing Loric saying on the Atari Forums something along the lines of that nobody has seemed to figure out who she was based on. My guess is that (at least appearance-wise) she’s inspired by Princess Fiona from the “Shrek” movies. Why?

(1) They’re both princesses (more on that later).
(2) They’re both redheads.
(3) They both wear green-and-gold-colored clothes.
(4) They both kick booty. *GRINS* (Remember the scene in the original “Shrek” where Fiona beats up Robin Hood and the Merry Men?)

Anyway, back to the review.

She has lovely Red and Blue Team Colors (but no CTF4 colors), which replace the green parts with the respective colors, so she’s ready for most team-based gametypes.

Her portrait is nice, and she also has a neat Bio. According to the Bio, she’s the second heir to the crown of the forest city of Jinalea. That’s right, Nikki is a princess, and whenever she's is in a match, you’ll be in the presence of royalty! (But unlike many princesses, Nikki's definitely not afraid to get down and dirty in the Tournament.)

The Bad:

Other than the fact that she’s not 100% original (like I said, she's a heavily modified Satin), she doesn’t really have any glaring flaws.

The Bottom Line:

Skins like this one are the reason that Loric is one of my favorite skinners. Personally, I think it would have been awesome if Loric had made a male version of this for the Brock model. This male version would be the Crown Prince of Jinalea and Nikki’s older brother. Oh well.

Download her today!

Score: 8/10

Last edited:

ChyanB0409

~*Chyan*~
Sep 3, 2005
TeXaS! Woo!
Nikki skin by Loric

Personally, I love this skin!
It is totally hott. But I have one little question;

I have tried soooo many times - downloading it over and OVER again.
But it doesn't work! I mean it goes into the file and all, but it doesn't show up
on the 'player' section!! I read what Starry Might said about how it works on UT04, so does it not work because of me trying to download it on UT04?? It's killing me!

But besides that, this skin that you have created is wonderful, Loric. Anyone and everyone should download it. Great Job. Good night y'all!!

-Chyan

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Since you have the same Avatar as Starry Might, I thought she was saying she loves this skin and thinks it's really hot :fluffle: :eek: :Poop:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Yea, welcome to the board, Chyan. :wavey:

About the skin, it's very good, I'd say 7.5/10.
However, I won't keep it, cause it's not my type of skin.

Last edited:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
ChyanB0409 said:
Personally, I love this skin!
It is totally hott. But I have one little question;

I have tried soooo many times - downloading it over and OVER again.
But it doesn't work! I mean it goes into the file and all, but it doesn't show up
on the 'player' section!! I read what Starry Might said about how it works on UT04, so does it not work because of me trying to download it on UT04?? It's killing me!

But besides that, this skin that you have created is wonderful, Loric. Anyone and everyone should download it. Great Job. Good night y'all!!

-Chyan
Chyanb0409, check your PMs. :)

Turrent 49 said:
Since you have the same Avatar as Starry Might, I thought she was saying she loves this skin and thinks it's really hot :fluffle: :eek: :Poop:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: