1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ut 2004 se

Discussion in 'General' started by jerdaygo, Mar 16, 2004.

1. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

Ut 2004 SE is a must, people if you are thinking about getting the standard addition its a waste, SE costs the same but you get the vtms and a cool head set, and a metal box, its on 1 dvd(instead of 6 cds) so if you dont have a dvd-rom, get one, but enough talk, i am going to play some ut2k4 :D :D :D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
  2. stevenhorton

stevenhorton Not of this World

Yes to everything but the metal box, don't boxes have 6 sidesd:D The headset workes very well as headphones.

3. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

It costs more in every shop I've visited and I've already got a good head set so I bought the standard version (I don't need no VTMs)

4. carmatic

carmatic New Member

uhh where are you guys?im in this rural place in england and i only found the standard box dvd version, and i had to buy my own mic (really crappy cheap sony F-V120), and i got you guys when i need help with editing!(i hope)

5. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

im in the united states and i preordered ut2004 se its on dvd and came with a logitech head set and 7.8 gig (about 150 hours)of vtms by 3dbuzz for ut2004 editor and maya, the standard edition here comes on 5 or 6 cds(not sure) but there isnt a standard dvd version that has been released here, i did hear, however that there are only 60,000 copies of ut2004SE being released here in the states.

6. Shrimp

Shrimp Seafood splatter

Those mere 60 000 are for the entire world... US got 40 000 and the whole of Europe got a piddly 20 000 :(.

They really should have made at lease 200 000 and sent them all over the world rather...

7. stevenhorton

carmatic, jerdaygo and I live about 35 minutes apart, Diego 1203 lives about an hour and a half from jerdaygo, and two plus from me. Where, throw a dart into the center of the United State, you won't miss us by much:)

8. beefsack

beefsack the authority in beef

australia got 150 =_= i got my hands on one copy but it was hell and i gotta wait a couple of weeks to get it

9. ProjectX

My dad's in America on holiday and he asked me whether I wanted anything (he missed my last birthday *sob*) and I said UT2004 would be great. It's unlikely I'll get it though, but until he comes back I'll have to wait and see.

10. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

I live in Europe in that little funky place called denmark I ordered this SE DVD couple a weeks ago and then got an e-mail that they didn't get it at their shop so then I found another place to buy and ordered it again yesterday and now I'm hoping I'm going to get my copy of the SE DVD version.
    They really should have made at least 100.000 copies that would have helped a bit.

11. The_Devils_Avarcardo

The_Devils_Avarcardo UnWheel Vehicle Modeller

I got the standard dvd edition the other day, (i already have a headset for CS and some headphones that can't be beat for superior sound) and i can safely say this game ROCKS SOME ASS! The onslaught mode is really something with all the cars and stuff, it makes me wanna cry flying around in the raptor. The leviathan is highly awesome too if a [sarcasm]little[sarcasm] overpowered :D

Unfortunately, online is very jittery with my 56k as expected, so i gotta wait till broadband rolls around these parts.

12. carmatic

carmatic New Member

also when you get broadband dont be shy to use voicechat until you almost get kicked from the server because its a truly innovative part of ut2k4, it makes such a big difference compared to all the games that i have played before...

13. The_Devils_Avarcardo

The_Devils_Avarcardo UnWheel Vehicle Modeller

It's not exactly innovative (games like CS have been using voice chat for ages now and i regularly partake in some good yelling down the mic) but it is fun! Just dont be shy of your own voice :)

14. carmatic

carmatic New Member

oh yeah hmph never played cs before... blah i guess i said something wrong... *slaps self*haha

15. BackLash122

BackLash122 New Member

Yep, UT2K4 is THE game to get... i'm trying to convince 3 people to get it and they actually thought of comparing it to Battlefield... meh.
    hopefully i can convince them cuz there is a certain SWEET racing mod that i know of...

16. ProjectX

Yeah UnrealRacing is looking kinda sweet.

lol.

The thing feels like Micromachines and its the feel that decides whether I like a racing game. Unrealspeed feels the same. I think the cars are too small.

UnWheel however is just right, I dunno what it is but the handling (although not the most realistic) is easy enough to pick up and play and there's not too much of a learning curve.

17. carmatic

carmatic New Member

unwheel takes advantage of ut2k3 and 2k4's ability to do offroad driving properly... actually, just 2k4, cuz the vehicle code is so much nicer now...
    i wonder how difficult is it to chage from 2k3 to 2k4 with the vehicles...

18. stevenhorton

I am actually hoping the UnWheel vehicles can be coded to behave somewhere in between 2003 and 2004. The ONS vehicles in 2004 are way to precise, they don't behave like they have any weight or mass. I didn't have much of an issue with most of the 2003 vehicles, especially the blue Viper. The viper drives very predictable and believable. Viva Unwheel \o/

19. carmatic

carmatic New Member

the way that ut2k4 seems to be treating the vehicles is a way that i dont like... like theyre tweaking the vehicles to be 'warlike', like the game tests you more on if you know where to go with it rather than if you know how to drive it (except those times when your trying to crush someone, especially in a manta) , they behave in a way that even brain dead kids can handle, as opposed to handling in a realistic way that unwheel is trying to do...i think if the vehicles followed the physics code too closely , it would give players too much to worry about in a situation where they are supposed to kill other players... but in unwheel, taking control of the vehicle should be the player's only worry... and 2k4's vehicle code looks like its pretty good...