UT 2004 drift roll problem.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tdromg

Nov 5, 2010
when playing UT2004 the crosshair will drop and drift to the left.
only when the joystick option is enabled (via the games setting panel).
has anyone run across this problem.

I've tried to resolve the issue with the help of a CH forum. (no joy)
it appears that the controllers are not the problem, as the X and Y axis are stable.
(no movement detect via the controllers GUI manager software CHmgr 4.51)
and I can rule out the mouse because with the games joystick option disable, the drifting stops.

TIA

Tim

system info
ASUS P5E64 WS EVOLUTION LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition 1GB 512-bit gddr3
Crucial Ballistix 4GB SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core

controllers: (all usb)
Razer Lachesis gaming mouse
CH-products combatstick
CH-products pro throttle.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I have this issue with my controller in a lot of games. Set a small dead zone on your controller.

Tdromg

Nov 5, 2010
already did that,
I set the dead zone up to as high as 75.
even changed the sensitivity.

the forum that supports the CH controllers walked me thru testing them and we tried different settings and look at the controllers to see if they were sending random impulses. we did not see any movement being sent.

not sure what else to look at.

Tim

Tdromg

Nov 5, 2010
it's possible that UT does not work 100% with this controller.

I'm not sure if there is anything else I can try for this controller, but I'll see if trying a different controller changes anything.
also
could Dosbox be an option?

Tim

Tdromg

Nov 5, 2010
SkaarjMaster,

with the Joystick box unchecked/clear, there is no drifting.
game plays normally, mouse works as the should.

Bi()ha2arD,

Thanks for the info about dosbox, thought I could use it to dial down the game a bit. (bad Idea)
I've seen a simular problem happen when the machine was two to three times faster then the game was written for. (mainly older dos games running on 1+ mhz machines, but have not seen anything since then)

Tim