1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Using Execs Properly...

Discussion in 'Ask a Coder' started by [DHTA]Sephiroth, Oct 24, 2003.

1. [DHTA]Sephiroth

[DHTA]Sephiroth Half-Demon god!

Alright, I am in the process of making a simple GUI administration mutator for UT with support for UnF and Inf. For now, I am working on the server-side stuff, which can also be accessed using the "admin" command in the console. The thing is, I can't get my first few basic functions (such as slap or slay) to work. I a an experienced C/C++ (Win32 and Linux) coder, but I' still fairly new to UScript. My two biggest stumbling stones right now are:

1) What do I extend or expand to make the execs work in-game?
    2) How would I loop through all the players, trying to compare names to take actions?

Basically, the "slap" function starts like 'exec function Slap( string Target, int Damage )', so I'd need to figure out how to loop through each player, comparing their names to 'Target', and then subtract 'Damage' from their replication info. Thanks for any help you can offer!