1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

USING DOWNLOADED SKINS...

Discussion in 'General and Off Topic' started by newbrassguns, May 26, 2008.

1. newbrassguns

newbrassguns New Member

Hello... I play UT2004 on a Dedicated Server, my.gameservers.com. I was thrilled when I found the "Skin City" site, and I have downloaded a few skins (Ghost, Xan, and others...)

Step by step, this is what I do....

1) I stop my server.

2) I open up SmartFTP and link to my server

3) I unzip the file and place the .u and .utx files in their necessary placements within UT2004

4) I restart my server.

Here is my dilemma... I have the ability from my server to choose to add, say for instance, "Ghost" as he now appears in my server, however, when I am playing in the game with Ghost as a Bot, it reverts back to the usual default character... in other words, the name above the head is Ghost, but the player looks like "Jakob."

Second, I don't know how to be able to select the skin in order to PLAY as that individual. I go to my Settings screen in UT2004, click the Player tab, go to Change Character, and all I have available are the default characters. How can I find the skin of the character that I have dowloaded and uploaded to my server in order to play with that character...?

I know this must be a NOOB question, however, I have searched and searched and read and read re-reread all the threads, and all I am able to come up with is rather vague information about how I am able to accomplish the above... If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Have you included the characters on the "serverpackage=" list from your server's UT2004.ini?

(as far as I recall)

3. newbrassguns

newbrassguns New Member

Hi Kantham... I appreciate your reply. I remember having placed that text in a file somewhere, but now I can not find it in any of the files. What is the text that I should place in the UT2004.ini file again...? Thanks!
    Also, is there any other editing that I need to do to other files, Kantham? I appreciate your help...! Mike

4. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

.INI files goes inside the System folder.

5. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

Welcome to our forum newbrassguns :)

6. newbrassguns

newbrassguns New Member

THANKS!

I PLAN ON VIEWING THE TUTORIAL ON SKINS THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED LINKS TO JUST AS SOON AS I CAN... THANKS FOR POSTING THEM!
    (WEB PAGE IN PROGRESS:
    HTTP://NEWBRASSGUNS.CLANSERVERS.COM)

7. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

CAPS LOCK!

Turn it off...