1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Use of Acogs in Real life?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by ANUBIS199, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Ratus:
    You shure about those 90%. It seems a bit very high to me, though I'm not too much into WWI ground war.
    Also which MGs does this include? Just Maxim & Vickers? Which nation did use Maxim based MGs too(in WWI)?

Snakeye :D

2. Ratus

Ratus The FNG

I said...

"It is estimated " its not sure a thing. I may be wrong on the number.

AFAIK yes just the maxim, and the major users were England, Germany, France, America, Ottoman Empire (Turkey), Russia, and some others

Last edited: Mar 9, 2002
  3. Tiffy

Tiffy Back to champion the L85

Ratus, your right it is Sustained Fire (SF) I think I used static because of something I'd read earlier in the thread. Mymmind is going. THe SF kit isn't issued to a sections GMPG but every company has an SF section in the weapons platoon. This section can put its, usually, 4 GMPG with full SF kit in the field and occasionally they'll also commendeer some section GMPGs and use with extra SF mounts either issued from 'above' or 'otherwise ' obtained ;)

4. Puncher

Puncher AFA member

AFAIK a lot of the casualties were also caused by artillery.

5. Guardian_BOB

Guardian_BOB Glitch! BFG!