Use of Acogs in Real life?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ratus

The FNG
Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
I said...

"It is estimated " its not sure a thing. I may be wrong on the number.

At the first day of the Battle of Somme, the British foolishly tried to bull their way through the German Maxim fire. Some 60,000 men attacked, and the British suffered an astonishing 95% casualties. In one hour, 8% of the entire British army fell before the Maxim gun.

At the Somme the Germans placed a Maxim every 18 meters with overlapping fields of fire; and used in traversing fire.
At the somme one british soldier was hit five times by five successive sweeps of a maxim. eachtime it went by, he took another bullet. There was no escaping it.
AFAIK yes just the maxim, and the major users were England, Germany, France, America, Ottoman Empire (Turkey), Russia, and some others

Last edited:

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Ratus, your right it is Sustained Fire (SF) I think I used static because of something I'd read earlier in the thread. Mymmind is going. THe SF kit isn't issued to a sections GMPG but every company has an SF section in the weapons platoon. This section can put its, usually, 4 GMPG with full SF kit in the field and occasionally they'll also commendeer some section GMPGs and use with extra SF mounts either issued from 'above' or 'otherwise ' obtained ;)

Guardian_BOB

Glitch! BFG!
Aug 28, 2001
Mississauga,Ont.
www.mainframe.ca
Originally posted by Gryphon
All Canadian infantrymen are issued C7A1 automatic rifles with flattop receivers and Elcan sights. They are also fitted to all the C9 squad automatic weapons. Iron sights are still made available for all weapons.
Page 20 Today's Toronto Sunday Sun, pic of Cdn's in Afgahnistan has the sights AND what looks to be the 40mm attachment too. So both are used IRL. :p
Couldn't find it on the net, scanner is at work and I'm off this week :rolleyes: I'll post it next.