US Based Airsoft Community

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I've been interested in Airsoft for some time now, but recently, I've decided to start looking into it a little more closely as a serious sport/recreation type thing to do.

Can anyone suggest any US based organized community and reliable US based stores to purchase equiptment?

Thanx, in advance for any help.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Airsoft is silly, but if you're going to get into it and if you couldn't figure it out on your own from looking at their website, stay the fuck away from MFI. They are ludicrously overpriced and they only an enourmously limited selection of crap. Check out RedWolf and go from there. I'm sure one of the airsoft kids can post a forum link or something.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I've noticed that airsoft has become a little more common than it was a few years back. I'd suggest checking out a local paint baller dealer, they might have some stuff. heck even "dick's sporting goods" had a small section devoted to airsoft/paintball last time i went looking for boots.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Thanx for the info posted so far. I'm located in Michigan, USA and am looking to get some good quality equiptment. I hear that Tokyo Mauri (sp) stuff is some of the best for its ease of finding replacement parts and modability.

...and as far as Airsoft being silly. Well, it looks like its the closest thing to INF I'm gonna find for a while. At least there won't be any bunny hoppers, hill buggers, lean exploiters or aim botters.

Last edited:

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
dont trust MFIAP, and if you live in michigan there's www.wolverinetactical.com ... or there was a few years ago. Its a shop and an airsoft community
ah, and always do Marui ;)

edit: wolverine tactical closed their shop some time ago, but you should still be able to find the community

Last edited:
{GD}Ghost said:
I hear that Tokyo Mauri (sp) stuff is some of the best for its ease of finding replacement parts and modability.

I'd also say that Classic Army's stuff is real good. I highly recommend getting out to a retail store (assuming you can find one) that sells what you're looking to buy, or a buddy who already owns one, and get a good feel for how it looks and feels.

...and as far as Airsoft being silly. Well, it looks like its the closest thing to INF I'm gonna find for a while. At least there won't be any bunny hoppers, hill buggers, lean exploiters or aim botters.

Word to that. Also won't find any "dolphin divers", and strafewhores usually get pwned.

Arethusa

Jan 15, 2004
{GD}Ghost said:
I find how seriously some people take it very silly. Especially the people who dress up and pretend to be ultra tacticalol ^_^ high speed low drag 'operators' and can't run a mile in under ten minutes and wear XXXL surplus BDUs. Beyond that, it's still a silly hobby. I'm not saying it can't be fun, though. I enjoyed the couple of shootouts I was involved in with absolutely dirt cheap AEGs.

As for a starter gun, I believe the common practice a few years ago was to get a TM FAMAS and a couple mags to start with, as it was very cheap and a very solidly upgradable design (and the gun it's based on is very well designed, at that). Probably still true, though there are possibly better starting platforms now. If the prices on Airsoft weren't so silly (for the price of some of those WA guns, I can just buy real guns), I'd be more inclined to get into it.

Pipe_Dream

3-time World Champion Bowler
Oct 22, 2004
Portland, OR
BTH said:
dont trust MFIAP, and if you live in michigan there's www.wolverinetactical.com ... or there was a few years ago. Its a shop and an airsoft community
ah, and always do Marui ;)

edit: wolverine tactical closed their shop some time ago, but you should still be able to find the community

wtf? I thought you lived in Spain!?

Feb 26, 2001
England
WA makes great pistols, and if you live in Japan they are a reasonable price, but yeah, they are expensive. Once you've used one you know where the money goes.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
I do, Pipe, but i happen to have asked in the past for information in Wolverine Tactical. And about MFIAP, i've read about them in forums and never seen a good comment.
And i said, stick to Tokyo Marui, i wouldnt buy Classic Army's .... stuff

Arethusa

Jan 15, 2004
Wow, I can save between $10 and $14. They are busting out the savings.

Dillinger

-=]N[=-
Sep 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Does anyone know anything about Airsoftclan (www.airsoftclan.com)? I discovered them a while ago and I was amazed at how cheap their stuff is. For example, I was looking around for a Tokyo Marui AK-47. Other websites sell it for as high as $300 without a battery & charger. But AirsoftClan is selling it for only $210 without the battery and the charger. I think that AirsoftClan is located in China, so the shipping cost may be a little high. Other than that, they look like a good retailer.

Last edited:

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
If youre gonna buy from outside, buy from hong kong, in shops like www.gunsnguys.com have AEG's for no more than 200 bucks and sidearms for 60 bucks. But I have an airsoft store 15 minutes away from home and i know the owner so why take the risk when you can see what you buy and touch it or even try it before you buy it. Plus the prizes are very good.