1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

US Bans Military Aid For Those Who Support ICC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by masamax, Jul 1, 2003.

1. masamax

masamax Spoon

2. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

rofl! it's so wrong it looks like a fake :eek:
    unfortunately it isn't :(

3. Wolf Being

Wolf Being .

A shame indeed, but give the ICC time to prove it's worth. This is only a bump in the road compared to the real problems it faces. No harm done, since no US soldier (or French or German or Italian) will ever be tried at the ICC IMO, for legal and especially political reasons.

Also consider this: If the ICC was based in, say, Portland, Oregon, and featured US-style grand jury trials for all the accused, how comfortable would European countries be with it? Would they have agreed to it in that form? I'm not so sure, at least in some cases - and that's kind of the way it must feel from the US point of view.

4. ElectricSheep

ElectricSheep Tommy Vegas

I know a lot of people who would say that this is exactly what Bush's administration has been doing themselves in the wake of 9/11

5. Eliwar

Eliwar -

i wonder if this means that the US will stop giving money to the Colombian gov't to destroy drug (read: medicine) plantations... i hope it does, but probably not

6. Nightmare

Nightmare Only human

It does.

7. Crazy_Ivan

Crazy_Ivan KAR whore

time for us dutchies to look somewhere else for our fighter-aircraft i think...

8. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

NATO member countries and major allies of the US aren't affected.

I don't really care about the banning of US military aid as I don't approve of that anyway, but the whole issue of not accepting the ICC is just plain fucked up.

9. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

Good for Bush. **** the ICC.

10. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

haha if anybody wants to stop giving money to somebody else they should do so. But making a fool out of yourself by giving a stupid reason like that really is priceless.