1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX URT files

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by tez_field, Jul 8, 2010.

1. tez_field

tez_field New Member

Hopefully I'm just being a dumbass here, but I recently dug out some old Uni stuff and am feeling nostalgic, and wanted to get a level up and running into the editor. The problem that I'm having is the file is a .urt file, and it seems the editor will only run .ut2 files. I'm sure I should know this, but what do I need to do to get this file open and editable?

I seem to remember it being a different copy of unreal at Uni to the normal ones, so is there a certain environment I need to run it in? I have Unreal Anthology, Unreal 2k4 and Unreal 2k3, but none seem to open it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2. M.A.D.X.W

M.A.D.X.W Active Member

Unreal engine 2 Runtime?

3. tez_field

tez_field New Member

Yep thats it thanks.

While I'm here, is there any way to convert URTs to run in the full game? All of my textures and meshes are contained within the URT file.