UrbanSeattleBeta texture pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fetish

GhettoBlaster
Sep 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
Here are a few pictures from my theoretically upcoming texture pack, UrbanSeattle

This version doesn't have any of the hand-drawn textures; only photos that I have snapped around town, and then tried to make tile correctly. As always, input welcome.

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
Nice stuff fetish. I'm putting together a tut to better explain your question in the other post on textures. Hopefully I'll get it out soon. I'm using the brick and window pic you posted as a reference. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
Nice. ive been to seattle quite a few times so this map will be pretty cool to spot well things I know (im guessing youle be makeing some of the landmarks)

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
I live in Vancouver not too far from Seattle, what does that have to do with your textures? JACK!:D

hehe, nice textures though.

Fetish

GhettoBlaster
Sep 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
I'll be working on some landmarks more familiar to seattleites - dick's drive in, the smith tower, the kingdome. The space needle is probably already out there somewhere.

most seattle landmarks would need to be accomplished via architecture rather than texturing

devilmonkey

Sgt. Carlos Hathcock wannabe
Oct 15, 2000
Seattle

My home town! Heh, I used to work at the Tower Records here, LOL, noticed you made a texture from the sign out front :) Can't wait to see some maps made with this stuff! Ballard rocks!
I'd be up for a lan-fest in the northwest even if it ment I had to venture up to BC (love BC actually, always looking for an excuse to go up there and get some Murchie's coffee).

Fetish

GhettoBlaster
Sep 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
Visualize Ballard

There seem to be alot of active UT'ers in Seattle. The programmer of Fragball (Brad Shapcott aka FragBert) is here in Seattle, and the lead mapper is a UW student who commutes from Issaquah.

That Tower Records is from the store on the ave, as is the Haagen Dasz. There are a few images from capitol hill and first hill as well.

devilmonkey

Sgt. Carlos Hathcock wannabe
Oct 15, 2000
Yeah, the one with the reflection of you taking the photo (i think it's you anyways) in the window also has the reflection of my friends old apt building in the background, LOL. Ah, wrong Tower, I worked at the one on Queen Anne but I used to know most of the folks at the one on the Ave though. I am very stoked about this texture pack, should see some cool maps from it! I'm seriously thinking lanfest here!

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
oh and lP, I said Vancouver because I thought no one would have ever heard of surrey. I am in Guildford part of surrey! wow, I never would have thought you would have lived so damn close to me!
*looks out window*
I wonder if I can see you from here!