1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Updated Siren Class in Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Firefly, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

News of the new Siren had been posted on Kotaku. The article takes you through the skills and new features of the revamped class.

2. Sk.7

Sk.7 New Member

Boohoo, they "took" a power from Mass Effect and they are proud of it!
    So called next-gen games will make me become a bitter old man even before turning 25.

The new 2.0 look is not just cartoonish: the damn thing IS a 3D cartoon!!
    The whole gig looks like a cosplay festival held at a mall's toystore. Those guns are just the other end of the spectrum, they are just... TOO colourful.
    Robot Unicorn Attack colourful.

3. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

You already sound like a bitter old man.

Also, welcome to Borderlands, land of the cel-shaded

4. Sk.7

Sk.7 New Member

I've played video games for too long!! Now the world has changed and left me outrun!! Eh. As long as BL2 will stay gritty like its predecessor then I'm in. The first game was cool and the DLCs were suprisingly entertaining too. Rainbows and clowns creep me out tho.

P.S.: This game defo needs a Collector's Edition with some concept art included!! You can't just leave us hanging with "oh, it LOOKS like concept art"! :p

5. zynthetic

zynthetic robot!

I'm going to miss exploding, corroding, electrocuting and setting things on fire while regenerating health and generally being immune all at the same time. I suspect balancing characters for duels prompted the skill change.

6. Vaginal Epiphany

Vaginal Epiphany New Member

Stunning enemies is something that's been around in video games since like, forever? Also, the colorful environments are a nice change for all the dark shadowy black and brown shooters we've been getting. Besides, it shouldn't have been any surprise that BL2 takes the whole art style in the direction of even more cel-shaded and rainbow colors.

And for what it's worth, Robot Unicorn Attack is one of the manliest games ever made.

7. Kyllian

Some of the RUA offshoots are annoying tho
    Heavy Metal isn't bad, kinda "meh" on the song used tho

8. AWW SNACK

AWW SNACK New Member

It's a bit disappointing. Siren was fun as hell, especially once you got a decent elemental weapon. Her invisibility power was by far the best out of all the ones in the game.

9. Kyllian

Fixed