update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx777

Dec 12, 2005
hi, i was wondering, instead of releasing a full blown extra 500ish meg download, could we get a update instead? i seriously dont want to sit for a 20 hour download to have it corrupt, then try a bajillion more times (no blame on you, dont worry). unless of course you have made radical, and i mean radical changes, i would perfer an update, if you would be as so kind.

P.S. the rumbler looks sick. me wantee bad

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
Maxx777 said:
hi, i was wondering, instead of releasing a full blown extra 500ish meg download, could we get a update instead? i seriously dont want to sit for a 20 hour download to have it corrupt, then try a bajillion more times (no blame on you, dont worry). unless of course you have made radical, and i mean radical changes, i would perfer an update, if you would be as so kind.

P.S. the rumbler looks sick. me wantee bad
still on a dial-up connection huh?
There was talk about making a checksum, but I don't know if that is still in the works or not....
Set it up to d/l while you're at work/school/sleeping

Maxx777

Dec 12, 2005
yeah...my dad insists on keeping the crapiest internet thigy availible. friggen directway.... dont think i wouldnt get cable if i could. there is none in my area.

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
Shrimp said:
I'm really sorry, but the whole structure of the mod is changing completely, and 90% of the content has been changed, another huge amount added.

Only a full release is going to work :(.
Shrimp, after the release, would you mind if I brake it down into smaller zip files for downloading on slower connections? How big do you anticipate the whole thing to be?

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Hmmmm, I see CefePress.com allow you to sell data CDs these days. Perhaps we could take a look at that option, so painful downloads may be avoided?

Would anyone on 56k or other slow connection actually buy them? (base price seems $5 in paper sleeve, or $9 in a jewel case).

craze

Jan 27, 2005
buy unwheel over the internet and have it mailed to you? WTF is up with that?
(the idea scares me...)

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
sounds like a great idea to me....I might buy one just to give back to the UW team for a great mod!

Maxx777

Dec 12, 2005
i actually did somthing like that. a really nice mod got me the hook-up with cds withe the mods, shipping, and even tech support. (i got COR, roadkill warriors, and even, yes unwheel.) it only cost me a nice email to his suppieriors and 5 bucks(5$ wasnt nesesary, but i felt obliged to reimberse him.) his name is Solid_Snake at the filefront forums. drop him a line and he might help you out.