[update] TSE-Cobra VoicePack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Just for fun I tried to make an announcer voicepack but obviously all tries sounded not that good :(
So I decided to make some additional sounds for my VP. I`ve attached some samples, feel free to add your comments.
(FYI TA means that this is a taunt, MI means that this is a misc sound to bother your teammates)

Also feel free to tell me what you (dis)liked about my current VP, so maybe I can also make some improvements there.

Maybe there are also some nice taunts you want to hear? Just tell me ;)
If you don`t have my VP or skin installed (that should not happen :mad: :lol: ) then you can get it by clicking the voicepacks-link in my sig - just scroll down until you see a picture showing a char beeing very similar to my avater or sig :p

EDIT:
It seems that Lopar has figured out how to insert custom hitsounds as well, now things are getting really intresting :)
Hopefully you`ll have time soon to write the small tut :2thumb:

Attachments

• TA_PregnantCow.wav
    50.1 KB · Views: 16
  • TA_Mess3.wav
    24.3 KB · Views: 9
  • TA_HastaLaVista.wav
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
  • MI_GLGG.wav
    38.7 KB · Views: 11
  • MI_Blood4Blood.wav
    241.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
The last one was a bit...mad.

The recording seems better than you last voice pack, keep at it!

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Ugyura said:
those are nice sounding voices their MäxX
thx :)

Random Elite said:
The last one was a bit...mad.

The recording seems better than you last voice pack, keep at it!
Yap it`s a little bit too much I admit, but it`s just to get on the nerves of my teammates *lol*
I`m not sure if I`ll keep it in the end ;)

I had some probs with the old mic at the last stages of the last VP, maybe I`ll remake some of the bader quality ones too

Kantham said:
Good luck good game?
Just got bored of the classic HFGG :p

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
Sorry for the delay. The sounds you have currently for your voice pack are well and good. I like the filters you added to the .wav files to make them sound like your voice is coming over a radio communicator. These taunts should be added to your VP. :) In the fast pace world of Unreal Tournament, there is no room for 11 second taunts, so the Blood4Blood file should be kept in one of the unused slots in the Others/Misc. section, and I see that you have marked it as such. Don't throw away anything you have recorded for your VPs. The packrat mentality can be helpful for projects like this. Maybe at some later date you will find a use for these sounds, like for machinima or something. I would still lke to hear that AP you were working on. If you want some help with making it sound alien, mechanical or what have you then let me know.

Kantham said:
Good luck good game?

I guess that's something that should be said before the match starts, sort of like "May the best man win."

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Usually it's more like

At the start of the game:

-HF Have Fun
-GL Good Luck
-Both

At the end of the game:

-GG Good Game

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Lopar-XL said:
Sorry for the delay. The sounds you have currently for your voice pack are well and good. I like the filters you added to the .wav files to make them sound like your voice is coming over a radio communicator. These taunts should be added to your VP. :) In the fast pace world of Unreal Tournament, there is no room for 11 second taunts, so the Blood4Blood file should be kept in one of the unused slots in the Others/Misc. section, and I see that you have marked it as such. Don't throw away anything you have recorded for your VPs. The packrat mentality can be helpful for projects like this. Maybe at some later date you will find a use for these sounds, like for machinima or something. I would still lke to hear that AP you were working on. If you want some help with making it sound alien, mechanical or what have you then let me know.

I guess that's something that should be said before the match starts, sort of like "May the best man win."
thx :) I`m not sure if I kept the Announcer-sounds but I`ll take a look.
You`re right, that taunt is definitaly far too long, but it`s simply perfect for getting on your teammates nerves *lol*
I didn`t use a "may the better one win", due I thought Misc taunts are only heared by teamates, so it would be useless. The classic HFGG fitted here better IMO
I think I`ll find some time for UT-works this weekend (2 free days in a row \o/) so hopefully I can make some new/updated sound and maybe continue skining my juggs as well :)

Kantham said:
Usually it's more like....
HFGG (Have fun good game) has often been seen at the start of online-games in Warcraft III, maybe t(h)is isn`t used any more, I`m very old :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
MäxX said:
I think I`ll find some time for UT-works this weekend (2 free days in a row \o/) so hopefully I can make some new/updated sound and maybe continue skining my juggs as well :)

[OffTopic] You lucky one :) . I have to work on Saturday and Sunday something like 10 hours each day . The work starts around 4 o clock in the morning
:eek2:
Next week isn´t better . > 60 hours to work .
But .... 2 weeks I´m on vacation after next week :D .
[/OffTopic]

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SaD said:
[OffTopic] You lucky one :) . I have to work on Saturday and Sunday something like 10 hours each day . The work starts around 4 o clock in the morning
:eek2:
Next week isn´t better . > 60 hours to work .
But .... 2 weeks I´m on vacation after next week :D .
[/OffTopic]
[OT again]
Seems like I`ve been too euphoric, minimum I`ll have to work today, hopefully I `ll have a free sunday at least, t(h)is is my 15th working day in a row :hmm:
On average I work 14-16 hours a day (ok, decrease it for my daily BUF-hour....ok maybe 2 *lol*) and 8-10 on weekends. This is getting ridiculous :(
[/OT again]

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
UTGirl said:
Nice, I like the "You move like a pregnant cow" taunt most, really funny :lol:

:) If I'm not mistaken, that's a reference to the movie Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins. I forget the name of the character, but he was supposed to be a martial arts master, or something.