Upaint questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

billy240clint@hotmail

|*BILLY$CLINT*|
Jan 21, 2006
Does any one at all know how to get your own custom brushes into U paint. I can get my own custom textures but not brushes...Can any one help...Please...Thank in advance.

BillyClint

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
In the Program Files\Right Hemisphere\uPaint\Resources\Brush folder there are a number of 128x128 Greyscale 8bit .TGA images. I'd assume you can make your own and put them in there. They should appear when you restart uPaint. I don't think they have to be 128x128 but I doubt they'll go much bigger. So, they can be 32x32 or 64x64, etc. :)

billy240clint@hotmail

|*BILLY$CLINT*|
Jan 21, 2006
Thanks But thats not what i am Asking

Thanks i found that folder but what i really wanted to know is how do you acess the brush inside of uPaint? Can you, cuz i cant find the place that you go change that. So again how do you use them inside uPaint i what i want to know...Thanks agian

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I get ya, |*BILLY$CLINT*| but having spent the last while trying everything I can't find where to actually change the brush - Never noticed that before. It seems it's not even possible to use the brushes that came with the program (not that I can see). I jumped to the uPaint forums to try find info and saw your post there too :eek: Seems you're not having any luck. Sorry bud it seems I was little/no help as I can't find how/where to do it :( :)

[EDIT] The method I described can be used for texture brushes or texture fills (the ones going along the bar at the top). They're in the Program Files\Right Hemisphere\uPaint\PaintTextures folder. You can export your own textures from uPaint in .UPT format into that folder and once you exit and restart uPaint they become available. I know it's not what you wanted but it's something at least ;)

Last edited:

billy240clint@hotmail

|*BILLY$CLINT*|
Jan 21, 2006
Its cool

ITs cool man i was jsut trying to see if i could make the work flow better at all...BUt i did make this really cool gun using the program...So if you here anything let me know but if not thats cool.THanks again