Upaint? or skinner?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

whelkgod

Feb 18, 2006
Hi! was wondering if Upaint is availble for Ut2004 and where one can get it, I want to use it to make a skin for the romulus model, that has a forest coloured outfit (not camo style) curly dirty blonde hair, sideburns n beard, and small black rimmed rectangle spectacles.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Klasnic from "uPaint For Dummies" tutorial said:
uPaint for UT2k3 is on CD3 and uPaint for UT2k4 is on CD6 or in the CD6\Extras folder on the DVD (that's the shiny disc the game came on ppl)

Thread can be found here.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
adobe photoshop or jasc paintshop are great programms

gimp is also a great tool AND freeware

personally I use paintshop for skinning and upaint for previewing how it looks

KnightmareAlpha

Nov 8, 2005
www.wedgeworks.info
Although I would recommend Photoshop,

As MäxX said UPaint IS a very good tool for previewing skins without having to goto the hassle of importing all the files directly into UnrealED, and it can be used to check and find any possible errors in Photoshop'ed skins,(as you can use the brush tool to find out exactly where a location is on both the model and the skin)

I hope that goes someway towards giving you an answer.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
No matter. I'm not going to advise people to use UPaint.
Unless it goes through drastic changes it's not my preferred tool for skinning. Not even for a quick preview.

I'm sticking with UnrealED. Might be a heavy program but it does so more than what UPaint might offer, and gives so much more control of the setup of your skins.

Anyways I can strongly recommend Adobe Photoshop from 7 and up.
GIMP is also a very powerful tool that actually can match what Photoshop can plus it's free.
http://gimp.org/

whelkgod

Feb 18, 2006
Well thanks for the information, so do u edit the exported skins as they are or do the the skin unjumble?