UnWheel Team???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
I was just wondering who all is or has be involved with building and mantaining this mod.
I see shrimp's name alot, and from what I gather, he's the lead evil c++/pearl scripter that mantains the mod/conversion.
Ever try getting David M. to make a few maps for the project? He has done some increadable map packs in the past. I asked him to look over my first map (UT classic) and give me some pointers. I told me to try again, and not to waist my/his time with small CTF maps. :lol:

Also, did UnWheel make it into the "Make something Unreal" contest? If so, how was it recived?
*yeah, I know I could go look it up for myself. But after I post this, I'm going to get a few laps in before I goto bed.... 11:30 pm here.* :eek:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Here is the info

This is all from the UnWheel front page www.unwheel.beyondunreal.com

18 May 2004
Hmm, I see this is the first real news post since Epic announced the Phase 2 results for the MSU contest, so if you've been living under a rock for the past week, and for the sake of the team who are rather excited don't mind hearing this again - I'd like to just mention that UnWheel has officially won first place in the Best Non-FPS, Best Vehicle and Best Use of Karma Physics categories!! You can check out the rest of the results right here. Congratulations from all of us on the UnWheel team to all the other winners as well!

25 August 2004
To start off this news post, we are extremely pleased to announce that UnWheel will be one of the mods to be featured in Epic's "Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition", which is scheduled for release within the next few months.

Secondly, in case you have missed the news from elsewhere, UnWheel once again won several awards in the third phase of the Make Something Unreal Contest, including 3rd place for Best Non-FPS Mod, 2nd for Best Vehicle, and 1st for Best Use of Karma Physics. Congratulations and thanks are due to everyone on the team who contributed to our contest entry, Beta 3.

Credits

Code, design, team lead
Kenneth "Shrimp" Watson

Maps
Steven Horton
Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell
Adam 'Diego1203' Hetrick
Jonathan 'Jerdaygo' Huibregtse

Models/skins
The Devil's Avarcardo
Jonathan Smårs
SupermotoXL

Vehicle Conversion and Enhancements
Dave 'UltraNew-B' Mitchell

Music
Josh 'Strangelet' Grafton (White Noise Entertainment)

Honorary mentions
Andrew 'Rebel' Clarke - Additional Music
Jonathan Curiel - Vehicle skin touch-ups
Twofer - Map work and suggestions
FuSiON - Vehicle model touch-ups
Graf1k - Rowing boat mesh (seen in UWRC-LostGods)

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
JACK SH!T said:
Also, did UnWheel make it into the "Make something Unreal" contest? If so, how was it recived?
*yeah, I know I could go look it up for myself. But after I post this, I'm going to get a few laps in before I goto bed.... 11:30 pm here.* :eek:
You like other people working for you, huh? :D
Phase III:
Best Non-FPS Mod: UnWheel = 3rd Place
Best Vehicle: UnWheel = 2nd Place
Best Use of Karma Physics: UnWheel = 1st Place

By the way, at the time of writing, it is already the tenth of September here, so the submission time for Phase IV will close within 24 hours.

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Ravu al Hemio said:
You like other people working for you, huh? :D
Phase III:
Best Non-FPS Mod: UnWheel = 3rd Place
Best Vehicle: UnWheel = 2nd Place

By the way, at the time of writing, it is already the tenth of September here, so the submission time for Phase IV will close within 24 hours.

Hey Ravu you read my post? :)
I know it was kinda long, was a cut and paste from the site :)

got this too :D
Phase II:
Best Non-FPS Mod: UnWheel = 1st Place
Best Vehicle: UnWheel = 1st Place

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Yup, sorry, and steve as a modeler, me as server management, was just a copy and paste of the web page credits.

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
jerdaygo said:
Yup, sorry, and steve as a modeler, me as server management, was just a copy and paste of the web page credits.

Yah and I'm also "Lead Annoyance" and Adam's "Team beater in online games"