1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnWheel Reflects

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Aug 8, 2005.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Shrimp has added some nice eyecandy to the car models in the UT2004 driver, UnWheel. Real-Time reflections really pump up the wow-factor of this award winning modification (also included in the UT2004 ECE package). Have a look for yourself.

2. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

About time eh? :)

Nice one. Hope it's included in 2k7...

Maybe someone could mod in some Burnout action then ;)

3. Caravaggio

Caravaggio Custom User Text goes here.

It's not an environment map then?

Oh please for all things sacred share that with some other mods, I never was able to come to terms with the idea that they took it out after ut99.

On a curved surface too. Wow. I wonder if there are performance hits?

4. Shrimp

Shrimp Seafood splatter

I'll see about adding something to the Wiki about it for you then, about how I'm doing in in UnWheel. ;)

5. Mix

Mix So Fresh and So Clean

I'm guessing CubeMap, using ScriptedTexture? I saw the same effect in Marble Mania (R.I.P.)

6. zupafly

zupafly New Member

I've implemented marble type reflection into my mod rcracing which is currently under development. U can still choose quality of reflection though, on high detail it is a serious performance hit once u have multiple vehicles on screen but I guess testing will tell how much. I can race with reflection on my system isnt really that great atm:
    2500xp+
    1gig ddr ram
    radeon 9800se all in wonder (softmodded to radeon 9800)

Dont know what unwheel team used to make the reflection. There is another mod using some type of realtime reflection as well, that medieval type mod.

7. SuperDre

SuperDre New Member

It looks unbelievable sexy, but I've never seen a car that reflects their enviroment that much.. So be sure not to include it just because you can, but include it because it adds to the game (that means not whole cars, but only the parts that really would reflect something)..
    But you've done a great job at implementing it from the looks of it.. ;)

8. fuegerstef

fuegerstef New Member

Is my assumption right that instead of the 6 seamless but static textures you use 6 cameras that project what they see onto the 6 cubemap textures?