unwheel on mac

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

unreglsteredsn

Nov 26, 2005
Hi. I downloaded the zip version of UW onto my Powerbook last night, and have no idea how to get it to work. I've searched these forums, but can't find an answer. If someone could please let me know what i'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I have the latest patch, ece bonus pack, and UW. I've tried expanding using Stuffit to the UT directory, as well as placing each UW folder into the respective UT folder (system, textures, etc.) I also downloaded utmodlauncher, but all that appears in the panel is UT itself. Please help, I really wanna play this game. Thanks alot.

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
quick question, how are you trying to make it work? Are the gametypes not showing up in instant action?

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
hummm, I don't use mac, but I am runnin UW on Linux. If I remember correcty, isn't mac a UNIX system? If so, instalation should be some what like Linux....

unreglsteredsn

Nov 26, 2005
Well then could someone please tell me how to install it using Linux? I know there are people here that run this program successfully in my situation, please help me out.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
unreglsteredsn said:
Well then could someone please tell me how to install it using Linux? I know there are people here that run this program successfully in my situation, please help me out.
It sounds to me like you went about it the right way, drag & drop the files to the correct folder. My guess is you put something into the wrong folder.
Instead of trying to locate the incorrect file, try reinstalling UW from scratch, overwriting the exsiting files one at a time.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
I seem to remember that there was a different folder, some, if not all the files needed to go into and Im not sure, did you search the old forum postings? There might be some info in them, Strangelet used mac but doesnt come to the forms much anymore.

unreglsteredsn

Nov 26, 2005
Yeah, my searches turned up nothing very helpful. I've read both that you have to group the folders together like I talked about in my first post, and that you have to sort the files according to their extensions. I've tried both, and have installed UW and started over multiple times. Oh well...I'm waiting for someone who knows what the hell I'm doing wrong to stop by, so feel free.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
man that sucks... i thought macs were supposed to be so much easier :rolleyes:

j/k. sorry for your troubles
as well as placing each UW folder into the respective UT folder (system, textures, etc.
i dont have individual UW folders under my normal 2k4 folders. everything goes into its respective regular 2k4 folders .... (.ucl into system .utx into textures etc.etc.) maybe youve created UW folders under the reg.2k4?????

try this thread- http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1586757&postcount=7

Last edited:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Id say reinstall. Its the same method for linux and my linux version works fine. you probably just forgot something or put it in the wrong spot :p

unreglsteredsn

Nov 26, 2005
Nope, still stuck. I'm sure that if someone gave me a detailed step-by-step process for installing on a Mac, in layman's terms, it will work. Anyone?

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Im thinking you should just wait till this weekend (hopefully) and get the new version of unwheel that is coming out... at least then you can be sure you will have everything you need and it also has +mod support :)

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Errr, hate to break it to you, the release will probaly have to be delayed. AFAIK we're still waiting for files to be submitted and my "bad name error" isn't exactly helping.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
announcement?

shouldnt there at least be an announcement on BU's mainpage @ new ver coming out? stir up some new prospective players. :)

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
JamesBong said:
shouldnt there at least be an announcement on BU's mainpage @ new ver coming out? stir up some new prospective players. :)
^^^ ya .. very good idea. This would also allow you to post a newer / more accurate release date to everyone :)