1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnWheel [BETA] Server up!!!! :D

Discussion in 'General' started by $n][pErMan, Mar 11, 2006.

1. $n][pErMan

$n][pErMan UnWheel Server Guru!

Was it templerun?? thats the last map I see on the logs.
    BTW Shrimp.... there is another error log for you in your message inbox (at least the part where is crashed...). If you need it all let me know!

2. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

I should also have mine up later today so we can gather twice the data ;)

3. $n][pErMan

Acctually that would be a good idea. If you start getting the same type of crashes it might help shrimp figure out if its a config issue with me.. or a game issue all together.

4. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

Kinda what I was thinking when I saw so many people crashing your server, that maybe it would be good to have 2 for testing. Mine should be up today, I am installing everything fresh from a new partition. Trying to write a lab report that is due the first day back from spring breaks too :p

5. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

I am also hosting a lan party a week from today and will be using that for some UW testing too ;)

6. craze

craze New Member

hey, if you get blown up inb a race, then spectate and rejoin, you spawn with a 'default texture'(green thing) car and you cant move. also you might wanna set it so you respawn if you die from a KillZ.

7. $n][pErMan

alright .. . craze killed the server this time... another error log is in your inbox again shimp.....

8. craze

craze New Member

i was just gonna say that, but i thoughti got a virus, turns out i just jammed my Alt key down so... yeah...

anyway, uwrm-unwheelhotel crashed it, there was something else but ill rember later...

9. Shrimp

Shrimp Seafood splatter

How on earth did you manage to blow up in a race? o_O

10. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

just wanted to make sure it wasnt missed, my server is up now as well, info on it can be obtained in my thread in the editing forum

11. stevenhorton

stevenhorton Not of this World

jerdaygo, your server isn't posting records. I had one last night that was missed, and a couple from 3:30n to 4:30 didn't show on the records page.

12. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

do i have to enable stats for that to work, if so its fixed ;)

If it still isnt tell me, it may need to be reset

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  13. craze

craze New Member

i fell off the map, well, in silverrock i was using the formula and had used full turbo and was going super fast in the finial straightaway and git the wall ramped the fence flew thru the trees and off the map and then into the KillZ.

14. stevenhorton

stevenhorton Not of this World

Jerdaygo, I don't know if it's your problem or mine, but still no time posting from your server for me.

15. $n][pErMan

im gonna be on my server around 11:30ish EST tonight if anyone cares to join and test with me! :p

16. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

I enabled world stats and reset the server, I hope that fixes it.

17. $n][pErMan

Shimp .. any ideas yet on those error logs I sent you?

18. Shrimp

Shrimp Seafood splatter

No idea yet, I'm waiting for Jerdaygo's server to crash [or not], so I know if it's server-specific or a UW bug. I was wondering if since you had the old UW installed, perhaps there are still some files here and there (since all file names don't follow the UW* naming, it's hard to properly clean it up) which may be confusing the issue.. Otherwise I'm not quite sure what to make of them yet :(.

19. Diego1203

Diego1203 Member

From the hour or two that I've played on Jerdaygo's server I would have to say that most of the problems are with snipes server and not UnWheel, I didn't have any problems playing several maps in a row on Jerdaygo's server, and it didn't crash at all. We need to get people to play on Jerdaygo's server, as well as get Snipe's set up right.

I think it would be a good idea to release the beta to all of the forum users, just post the link to the file in a forum thread, but don't mention it on the main page or to any news sites. That way we can get enough players to test both servers before the final release.

20. PrimalInstinct

PrimalInstinct Flak Monkey

:D Hello! can be on time/work late/follow instruction/flexible hour's/work well with other's..?