UnrealScripting Swords,LightSabers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
There are different approaches to it. You can either do the very intensive checking if the sword touched the target, or you could simply use a range in where the target would get hit and then calculate the chance the hit was valid. The latter approach is the easiest and most used.

You could take a look on how other mods did it, I'm sure there are some melee mods out there.

Last edited:

Dan911

Dec 23, 2005
Look at the sheild gun code :p, however if someone would post the code for the more complex way i would greatly appreciate it.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
I think the ONSprv vehicle has some code that maybe worth a look, from what I know they use a line collision check for when the blades slice the person sounds pretty melee to me.

Ive looked over the postal 2 code also and it seems they use something similar but with an extra sphere collision.

Please feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong, I think these two are probably the best places to start looking.

If your looking for a copy/paste solution maybe you should find a coder to give you a hand so you can learn a bit more about scripting.

Hazard.ep

Oct 7, 2003
It is possible with WotGreal for example, to decompile most of the Rune packages. I used them to get some basic idea for my own Melee system.