1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

unreal's 8ball, a new feature in INF?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Derelan, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

:hmm: :con:
    am i missing something here?

Attached Files:

2. ThunderChunky

ThunderChunky L337 Cube H@X0®

Obviously it's a replacement for the long missed AT-4. We just got lazy.

3. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

Server's must enable it usin the provided mutator for you to be able to use it. They are aloud to goof off, you know.

4. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

That's an example of how to add weapons via mutators, you know.

5. sublime

sublime Cynic

I think usage of that rolling eyes smily should be cause for post-partum abortion in 99% of the cases.

Anyway, if you bothered to search or read or something you'd know we included that as an example case on adding weapons to 2.9 via mutators.

6. jaymian

jaymian Sweet Merciful Crap!

Lol. INF still has the best and most supportive community. In other words, go screw yourself. I was wondering about that as well. I placed it in a loadout for offline play, and got nothing. Seemed weird to me that the 8ball was included in the INF loadout screen without any mutators selected. But hey, I guess it takes 2 years of beta testing to know wtf is going on. (or reading every goddamn single thread)

7. kungpaosamuraiii

kungpaosamuraiii HOVER TANKS

I don't think you need to read EVERY thread... Or maybe I HAVE read every thread.

Also, the mutator is already installed so it's there because the mutator is in.

8. jaymian

It is there by default. I don't think a UT weapon should be in an INF loadout screen by default. You can't seem to play UT levels by default in INF, so why should you have UT weapons in INF by default. It just seems weird. And of course the INF team has over reacted. God forbid somebody say anything remotely negative about the perfect INF 2.9. RTFM you noobs. FFS.

9. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

lets see if you can grasp this simple concept, go to the forums and make sarcastic, degrading remarks toward the mod cause you can't be bothered to figure out what the f*ck your talking about will get degrading remarks thrown back at you every time without fail.

Here's a hint, find out what your talking about before you bitch

10. jaymian

Let's see if you can grasp this simple concept. Not everybody hangs out in these forums. Therefore, seeing the UT 8ball in your loadout screen could seem "weird" to anybody outside the INF team and now-it-all forum dwellers. Weird isn't it?

11. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

I might be totaly wrong but I guess mutators aren't actived before the map is actualy played so there's no real way to remove an aviable weapon from the menu if the mutator is not in the active list.

12. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

Great, every ****ing thread turns in to a 'we aren't nice enough!!11'.

Bah, everybody thinks he has a point.

13. [C22]-SpOOky

[C22]-SpOOky Inf Old-Timer

Well i have to agree that there is too much attitude given out from thease forums... too many " ****ing " words used IMO

Some people need to go away and wait for their balls to drop, before returning to post :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  14. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

spooky you have no idea what you're talking about :rolleyes:
    jaymian, derelan is a regular, he hangs around here all the time. moreover he has proven in the past he's a total ass.

15. sublime

sublime Cynic

blah blah blah. Maybe clicking that little search button before asking questions like that, especially if you're active on these forums as hackerboy is, might be a good idea. It's been discussed before in many threads so a search would yield something without having to read every single thread. Had a new face posted the question, the replies would have been different, I can assure you. At least mine would have been.

And Jaymian, you of all people talking about being supportive is classic. Notice, I didn't say anything negative there, just that it's classic. Take it for what it's worth.

16. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

sublime, i did use the search button, but i guess i was too lazy to actually search more than once with different spellings.

How did this thread manage to become a Flame1 vs. Flame2 thread? I think INF is great, i never said anything bad about it, i was just curious as to why this was included, or if it was a bug from one of my mutators conflicting.

17. Alpha_9

Alpha_9 Infiltration lead level designer

The "rolling eyes" smiley implied an attitude which evoked sublime's response. Whether you intended it as a negative post or not, that's the sense you gave it. :rolleyes:

18. [C22]-SpOOky

[C22]-SpOOky Inf Old-Timer

Dont miss-understand me Im Not suporting him
    I mearly stateing the fact that thease forums can be a very hostile place sometimes ;)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  19. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

ehhh guys you are going waaay OT here...

One simple click on the UT8Ball within the loadout screen will present you that it needs the UT Weapons mutator to be activated... but I guess you all already read that little description text poping up on the loadout screen.

In addition I have to second that forum regulars should know about this for weeks if not even months already cause it was stated several times here and was listed in our 2.9 feature list too. After releasing this list many asked what and how this new mutator stuff works and then the 8Ball was named several times.

Now end this silly flames vs flames here cause it really isn't needed to go that far.

Question answered... no need to get personal.

just my 2 cents...

Beppo

20. FieldMedic

FieldMedic Less good UT Player ever

question about those ut weapon

Recently ,i activated the INF- UT weapon mutator and the classicUT flak-only mutator
    Then i noticed that i could move with the INF free aim the flak canon ?
    i thought that only the 8ball was worked like this. Is it on purpose , or this free aim with the flak canon an accident (an interesting one ;) ) due to the 8ball code ?