1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnrealEd4 on Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Elhaq, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Elhaq

Elhaq New Member

My computer broke down and for now im using a notebook until i buy a new computer. But the laptop im using is a Intel Celeron processor (1.87GhZ) with 1gig of RAM and a crappy intergrated GPU. So my question is would it be possible to run the UT3 editor on it for doing some basic level creation, not for playing? I have the PS3 version and its mainly for that reason i make this thread, i want to test the created maps on the PS3.
    Before i ask my friend to lend me his PC UT3-version and install it on the laptop.
    I know Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family doesnt have Pixel Shader 2.0,etc but im not sure if it would work.

Thx,

2. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

I don't know, it might not explode, but my guess is it would probably perform too badly for you to get a lot of work done.
    If it's not shader 2.0, then I dont think it will work at all, actually.

3. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

IIRC, the card has to be shader model 3 to run the editor. Shader model 2 can be used to play the game in fallback settings however.

4. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

Unfortunately, the game does not work on the Intel GMA950 (which is what the Intel 945 chipset has), or any other Intel GMA graphics currently available. I've tried it.

5. RoninMastaFX

RoninMastaFX Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1

if you came before the BuF crash of 2008, my old UT3 guid ewould'bt old you that all Intel video cards ARE NOT capable of UT3. I have an Intel 945G chipset myself, and I had to upgrade my video card to an ATI Radeon X1550 to get UT3 to run. :(

And speakign of UT3 guide, I have foudn an old archive from it, and I might post it later on this weekend. :)

It was v4.0.2 Pre-Beta if I remember correctly :)

6. heyqule

heyqule New Member

you will fry your laptop... XD

7. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

Actually typically its laptops with high end GPUs that fry.

If you have an Expressport in your laptop (I doubt it) I heard nVidia is building videocards for the Expressport. I'm not sure if they actually successfully marketed any -- but they were talking about it about a year and a half ago.

8. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

I believe Asus already made an ExpressCard-compatible 7800GS, but I've no idea if it's still available or where to get it from.

9. Elhaq

Elhaq New Member

I thought so, im pretty sure it wouldnt work. But no worries, im planning to build a new rig soon, i hope... Meanwhile i'm thinking witch GPU i should get.

Thanks all,