UnrealEd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
im in the same predicament. my school uses UT2004 but theres different editions of that one also. i bought UT2004 "includeds editors choice" bonus pack but it didnt come with the editor. theres also a special edition n theres the standard version as well as an Editors choice edition. So which UT2004 comes with the 3.0 editor? :(
All UT2004 versions come with UnrealEd 3.

Unreal, Unreal Tournament (400-413) = UnrealEd 1.
Unreal Tournament (420 and later) = UnrealEd 2.
UT2003, UT2004 = UnrealEd 3.
UT3 = "UnrealEd 4."

"Editor's Choice Edition" is basically just some extra game content - top mods from the community and some official stuff that's also freely downloadable online. All versions of UT2004, ECE and non-ECE, come with UnrealEd, and it's the same application for both versions.

JR100285

Nov 7, 2008

UT3 = "UnrealEd 4."

"Editor's Choice Edition" is basically just some extra game content - top mods from the community and some official stuff that's also freely downloadable online. All versions of UT2004, ECE and non-ECE, come with UnrealEd, and it's the same application for both versions.

wow really? the one i got didnt come with the editor.. i bought it from amazon.com. is there something else i have to do other than installing the game itself?

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008

UT3 = "UnrealEd 4."

Think this is where the confusion came in

UT3 = UnrealEd4
UT3 = UE3

People assume UE3 stands for Unreal Editor 3 when it actually stands for
Unreal Engine 3

Kinda like Wormbo's terminology better.
GoWed
UT3ed
UT2004ed

edit: Maybe UT3's UE3ed?

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
UnrealEd 4 does not exist.
It's Unreal Tournament 3's editor, nothing more, nothing less.

JR100285: Do you have Unreal Tournament 2004? Or a different Unreal Tournament?

JR100285

Nov 7, 2008
its definitely UT2004. i made sure of that. in anycase i found the folder. i guess its set up slightly different for windows vista. i had to go into my computer>> C drive >> program files >> UT2004 file and the system folder is in there. and i had to create the shortcut myself. but thanx for the help guys. it was a big help!

dub

Feb 12, 2002
There is an Unreal 3!
Tru fax 2 becuz, it's advertised right here.
unreal3ut5.jpg

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
Your tutor is wrong, as Angel said,
Darkdryum explained how the names for the editors adjust to evey game on the series. (but the last one, Is not called UE4.0)

It doesnt matter really there is a hope for you.
The only thing you have to focus on is the name of the game.

He told you to buy ut2k3.
Just buy the game and use the editor that comes with this game. And fixed.

2 more things.
Like wormbo said, if your teacher has called ut2003, unreal 2003, basically... bad thinking about the teacher.

And other thing.
Try desperately try to convince your teacher to use the editor that comes with ut2k4 with the lastest patch applied.
Is basically the same as the one on ut2k3, but with all the improvements and bugs fixed because is the last stable version of this engine released to public for free.

Last edited:

Boins

Jan 21, 2009
yuuup there sure are courses in the UK my friend. but if they're all like this, abandon hope all ye who enrol.

now, with a week to go till the deadline, I've found out that the editor I am using has to be the unrealed which came with Unreal II: The Awakening. (The version of the game that comes on the Anthology http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1087486/Unreal-Anthology/Product.html)

when opening it, I find that this is. Version 3.0

now....

another problem arises here, in that Unreal Tournament 2004 comes with unrealed version 3.0 too, simple enough you'd think. But when trying to find tutorials for the Unreal II version they're near impossible to find. UT2004's version 3.0 is different in many ways.

for example trying to create a skybox.

does anyone know of any tutorials I might be able to find out there in the ehter that relate to the Unreal II version of unrealed 3.0... and please, if you're going to suggest Google, don't all I ever get, with many different variations of the search, are tutorials for UT2004 version.....

Last edited:

Boins

Jan 21, 2009
Your tutor is wrong, as Angel said,
Darkdryum explained how the names for the editors adjust to evey game on the series. (but the last one, Is not called UE4.0)

It doesnt matter really there is a hope for you.
The only thing you have to focus on is the name of the game.

He told you to buy ut2k3.
Just buy the game and use the editor that comes with this game. And fixed.

2 more things.
Like wormbo said, if your teacher has called ut2003, unreal 2003, basically... bad thinking about the teacher.

And other thing.
Try desperately try to convince your teacher to use the editor that comes with ut2k4 with the lastest patch applied.
Is basically the same as the one on ut2k3, but with all the improvements and bugs fixed because is the last stable version of this engine released to public for free.

oh and I can't do this, we tried but it won't happen. And if I were to use ut2k3 I'd fail this module.....probs not the best thing to do