UnrealEd that ships with Unreal 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jayfield

Feb 4, 2005
This isn’t a mapping question as such, but is there any reason why I can't export any of the textures that ship with Unreal 2. I have a perfectly good and legitimate reason for wanting to do so but, there appears to be NO exporter built in?

Is this just me, or does anyone else get this? Also, if this is the case, does anybody know for a tool that can parse the .utx packages of Unreal 2 without having to rely on the batchexport function of UCC?

Thank you for your time!

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Ehm, the first person who reads this can probably do a much better job at explaining all this. but then again, there aren't a lot of people browsing these forums.

Here goes
As far as I know Unreal 2 and the rest of the Unreal Tournament games use 2 completely different ehm.. system-thingy's. That due to the fact Unreal 2 was also developped by Legend, what resulted in the usage of the so-called "Golem" ehm.. system-thingy.

So yeah, you're not the only one having trouble converting all of that.
However, I've heard there's a program somewhere on the net that let's you convert some of the content from Unreal 2 (just take a look at UTXMP for example), but you'd have to ask the mod team behind that for more detailed info

I hope that helped you out a bit