UE2 - UT2kX UnrealED problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hognir

Jun 25, 2009
Hello.

I've already posted this on some other section in here but i've had no replys, so i thought i might try it here.

I am pretty new to the whole unreal package. I bought the unreal anthology and installed only unreal 2004 to get the unreal editor, since i need it for my portfolio. But ive been having random crashes, which seems like everybody is getting but there is one crash i keep getting and it is stopping me from using the unreal editor.

I open the UnrealED. The window with the static meshes and textures and all that pops up and i got to textures > new > and then i try and create a new material.

I type in a package, group and a name. The class in "Raw Material" and under properties i select in the MaterialClass dropdown list "Material, or Class'Engine.Material'

Here is the error message i get :

Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2496 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M (7431)

General protection fault!

History: FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- DrawTextureBrowser <- REN_TexBrowser <- UUnrealEdEngine:raw <- (Cam=TextureBrowser,Flags=1073742464 <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Camera <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (CAMERA UPDATE FLAGS=1073742464 MISC2=0 REN=17 NAME=TextureBrowser PACKAGE="2K4).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WPageMaterials::RefreshTextureList <- WBrowserTexture::RefreshTextureList <- WBrowserTexture::OnNewMaterial <- WDlgNewMaterial::OnBuild <- WButton::InterceptControlCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticDlgProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

My system info is in at the top.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I have patched my unreal to version 3369 and that didnt help.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The Material class itself is not meant to be used. To create textures, import image files, to create modifiers, combiners or shaders, select the appropriate class in the New Material dialog.

Hognir

Jun 25, 2009
wait, im confused. What do i hook up my diffuse, normal and spec maps up to then ?

All i need to do is import mesh (which i know how to do and works) and create a texture to apply my diffuse,normal and spec maps to it.

Hognir

Jun 25, 2009
oh wow, that really clears thing up wormbo, thanks. :)

with what unreal game does the unreal engine 3 come with then ?

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
wait, im confused. What do i hook up my diffuse, normal and spec maps up to then ?

All i need to do is import mesh (which i know how to do and works) and create a texture to apply my diffuse,normal and spec maps to it.

You will want to use a Shader, it can have diffuse, normal, opacity, specularity, and other fun settings for you to use.