1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal World

Discussion in 'Level Design, Skinning and Modelling' started by Wonderbread, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Wonderbread

Wonderbread Im Wonderbread fool!!!

Iam currently making a mod called "Unreal World". It is a very large level that will be miles across. It will have many different types of terrain from alpine forests to scorching deserts and vast city scapes. EVentually it may evolve into its own game like a free roaming FPS. Can anyone give me feedback about my idea?

2. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

For UnrealEngine2? You may have some difficulties with that... I don't know. I haven't really used UE2 too much, but I know UnrealEngine3 might be a better place to start. (It natively has support for content streaming... as Sweenie, Rein, Capps, Bleszinski, and the voice-over guy for the UnrealEngine3 demos constantly say.)

3. Wonderbread

Iam using UE3. Right now it isnt coming along to great. I have a map of the world on paper somewhere but I dont know where to start.

4. sgt lazy crash

sgt lazy crash New Member

help me plx

i need 2 know how 2 start a new topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Wonderbread

..........just press "New Thread".

6. sgt lazy crash

thx but

were is new thread on the screen

7. Wonderbread

At the top. About the same place "Post Reply" is.

8. sgt lazy crash

i am sorry but..

i found post reply on this screen but i cant feind new thead

9. Wonderbread

Not on this page but on the list of topics page.

10. sgt lazy crash

i cant see post reply

i cant see post reply sorry + do i have 2 keep refreshing the page 2 see if u have replyed? the_trash@hotmail.co.uk

11. Wonderbread

Okay the page before this one. The page with the list of topics for the Level Deign, Skinning and Modeling foums, that is where the "New Thread" link is. Its the same way for all the other forums.

12. sgt lazy crash

ok right

i cant see it i am not doing this 2 piss u off but i cant find it ,ok right. were it says skin modling is it above that or below that and what else is it beside??

13. Wonderbread

Its above it.

14. sgt lazy crash

it doesnt say new thread on the new post page it says.....Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Search took 0.08 seconds.

15. Wonderbread

......Its on the page before this one! As in the list of topics for Level Design, Skinning and Modeling now please actually try to find it. Its not hard to find.

16. sgt lazy crash

17. Wonderbread

No I dont. Now unless you have something truly relevant to the topic to post please stop posting under this topic.

18. sgt lazy crash

how do u modle

i dont know how 2 modle skins and i think it has somthing 2 do with ut eddtior but i dont know how 2 work that so i am scrowed does it tell u in ut edditors choice??????

19. Wonderbread

I dunno anything about modeling skins. Im sure if you google it you would come up with something.

20. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

In the case of doing Player Models and Skins for them? Allow me to referrence you to Dvd #2 of the Editor's Choice Edition of UT2004.
    Where it can take you step by step on how to create the model then UVUnwrap the model for texturing. Reason I know this?

I have them watched them plus I've picked the brains of those like Vailias, KDR_11, and a number of others as well. Now myself applying this knowledge from brain to keyboard? Forget it, Due the type of attention defecite disorder I have, its a wonder I can do the dewy decimal system. Sit me down to a book or pc and have me read and absorb it like a sponge sure. But applied applicational use? I'm as dense as Dark matter in the middle of a black hole.

I hope this helps a lil in your quest for knowledge, Sir.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006