Unreal Weapons Papercraft

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Metalfist

Nov 6, 2010
Remember Unreal and the awesome weapons? You can now make your very own Unreal weapons! Just print, cut and glue them together. You can scale them to your liking using pepakura Designer (you see the dimensions in there) and apply different textures I included if you want. All the evolutions of the Dispersion Pistol are also included! They are are scaled properly towards each other, but not the other instructables.

You will need Pepakura software in order to open the .pdo files.
You can get Pepakura Designer for free here: http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

Instructable with download:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Unreal-Weapons/

FAABU8EI1503KMR.LARGE.jpg

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Do you do requests for alternate weapon sets/betas? There were tons of interesting cut unreal weapons for example, nice thing to have would to have the original automag avaiable in this. It was very good one and the meshes are avaiable.

Metalfist

Nov 6, 2010
Yes, if I can get the meshes. Sometimes it's kinda hard to get a model out of a game so it helps a lot if you can provide them (any file extension the Autodesk FBX converter supports).

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Are the .3d ones fine? How did you do the regular ones btw? But you can always import this and then export in another format, I believe UED2 in OU patch supports that.
You could also for example download the impaler 1997 port by me from here. That weapon could use being in your papercraft.
Impaler10.rar here's the file.

Last edited:

Metalfist

Nov 6, 2010
I'll take a look at the files. I converted the regular ones to .3DS using WOTgreal exporter. Autodesk FBX Converter can convert files that are .3DS, .DAE, .DXF, .FBX and .OBJ . So those file extensions are preferred.

EDIT: The Impaler.u file worked great with the WOTgreal exporter. If you could send the other ones like that it would be great! I wasn't able to set up Unreal beta though and couldn't find workable files in there. Currently have the Impaler and Quadshot into Pepakura.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
There's also PeaceMaker and Translocator in the OU 227 patch which are leftovers from beta, peacemaker being close to original but translocator being made in function aka ut style but models are the same.
With the quadshot I hope you are doing the original mesh and not the one that was reanimated for 227. The original was a pump action shotgun. The version from Unreal PSX rework has the unused anims loaded which were found by Gizzy(the original mesh turned out to have select anims and bobbing anim unused and even older version of the mesh had unused/broken melee swing anim). I can give you some more weapons too like stunner mesh, flamethrower as those are unique and original. The old automag I asked alcapowned to provide in a file since I can't still run Unreal and create mods now.
Thanks for doing these additional weapons, I think they are cool enough to have own set as cut weapons.

Metalfist

Nov 6, 2010
I didn't know there were different versions of the Quadshot. I picked the version that was still in UT as I thought it was a left over that still remained in UT99. (The one that is in 1st person view, as it is more detailed)

I was also looking at the Beta Translocator of Botpack220 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImaxiJkX7U&feature=youtu.be&t=6m29s) and I found a non-compiled version of it (which I couldn't build again :S). There were the texture files and .3d files, but I have been trying to open/convert those to usable files for hours without success...

Attachments

• QuadShotUT.png
    QuadShotUT.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The UT one is the original mesh except for that the anims mentioned are not present but are part of the mesh data. So it's basically the correct quadshot. The other weapons, unreal translocator (different than the botpack 220 one) and peacemaker were part of the original unreal source code, only their import wasnt called and there was missing code. Otherwise ut would have had those by default too.
I compiled botpack220 but it only works on version 220 of original Unreal. However wotgreal should be able to open it I think. I'll link you to it if you want.

Metalfist

Nov 6, 2010
Yes, please. I don't have my old Unreal CD here atm, only the Unreal Gold version of Unreal Anthology. Some .u files can't be opened by WOT for some reason (it says "out of bounds"). That also happens when I try to extract the CAR Assault rifle from Unreal Gold RTNP.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What about the ryspak or ut version of upak? I could provide those too, just hold on.