Unreal + Ut GOTY online problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
I'm having trouble joining servers on both Unreal and UT GOTY. I can't figure it out. Usually, it says that either there are no servers, or that it's querying the master server, and it rarely shows any servers or players. Most of the time I get, "0 Servers, 0 Players", and trying to refesh doesn't do anything. I don't know if it would have anything to do with it, but here's my system specs and firewall:

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom Quad-Core Processor
6.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT

Commodo Firewall for Vista 64-Bit

So my question is, is it a Vista problem, is it a Commodo problem, or am I just doing something wrong? I've set Unreal and UT as trusted applications in both the Windows and Commodo Firewalls, but it doesn't make a difference, and when I try to join online games, Commodo doesn't ask me if I want to allow anything, and my internet connection is fine, and I didn't have these sorts of problems on Windows XP.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
with GOTY , are you patched to version 436?
If you are then you most definitely have a problem with your fire wall.
I refuse to use windows firewalls for they are garbage. I run with my routers firewall.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
I turned off Windows firewall, but it didn't seem to make a difference. :(
Turning off Commodo didn't do anything either.

Edit: I have version 436.

Last edited: