1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Tournament Revolution: A Postmortem

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Dark Pulse, Sep 26, 2010.

1. CyMek

CyMek Dead but not gone.

Well when you put it that way... I might be convinced to dust off Unrealed if you decide you need the help.

2. Zen[n00b]

Zen[n00b] half empty

I'm always up for sticking around on IRC and contributing nothing of value aside from radiating an encouraging aura of fanboy zeal.

3. Bersy

Bersy New Member

4. Maximus2003

Maximus2003 New Member

I am a sucker for nostalgia and UT99 is an incredibly special game too me. I'm a sucky mapper but I can not help creating remakes of stuff, I created a DOOM E1L1 map in UT99, created a Wolfenstein 3D Level 1 map in UT2K4, created a UT99 lookalike DM-Liandri for UT3 as well. If UTR is anything close to resembling UT99 I for one will definitely play it.

Don't worry about it being dormant for so long Bersy, Duke Nukem 3D is taking 13/14 years to complete and that is with a big budget and a full dev team behind it. I for one will be holding my thumbs that you manage to find the time to start working on it again. :)

5. Hektor

Hektor New Member

i would not mind such a project if it remakes the original UT, with the same weapon behaviour/damage, movement, character size and hitbox.

6. igi

igi Guest

omg...i want to help to you guys for this holiest project..and i see theres much more utmapping legends are working on this mod would be real pleasure to work with you guys if im accepted...

here are a portition of my works: http://www.moddb.com/members/mamaraki/images

i think most important thing is the motivation...i have really most motivation about this!! sent a mail to the project leader...

i am strong ut fan like as you guys...and played everything about ut ,even most of community made things too...i am so *excited* sry for bad englis

7. Bersy

Bersy New Member

That much is already in the alpha, yes. the next phase was to fix the interface and models and animations up some more plus more maps.

8. DarkSonny

DarkSonny Beware!

cmon bersy you can!

Love your hard work mate!

9. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

If you had finished this you would have had probably 3 players (For certain one.)

I had a sound bug trying out what you had done, all the sound effects were very low except a few. If I shot it would be very low but I would hear the impact sound very well.
    The music remixes were nice for most, November with the constant buzzing however is not that much.
    The maps were redone well considering.

10. Bersy

Bersy New Member

The alpha is nowhere close to the amount of work we had done. Even so, when we released it there were actually populated servers for a few weeks. That's obviously not really my concern anymore, I don't have any delusions about it becoming a replacement for UT. Still, it would just be nice to finish it.

11. silentlykiller

silentlykiller New Member

final it plz i even thinking too buy a 2k4 copy too just play that alpha
    and i dont even like 2k4 but what you guys done so for is fantastic
    2 thumbs up