1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Tournament Maps 2009

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by sneh, Dec 31, 2008.

1. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

I always prefered fractal to gael for some reason. Proably because it was less "harcore" and more gimmick. It was always fun to load up 6 rocket grenades and drop them down the elevatar chute on top of your enemy in a 1on1 match. The elevator chute was so claustrophobic and tight that the other guy couldn't survive no-matter-what really. And then there was the trap in the middle with the shield belt. It was awesome to catch the guy with his pants down while he's going for the shield belt and then drop him in the plasma toilet of doom.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Yeah E2M2 rocks (I even tried to convert it to Unreal in like 2005), but for deathmatch I think I prefer that one E3 map, or indeed map01 from doom2 is better suited for dm, although doom2 didn't have great detail in its maps and it was all less sense making than doom, but for DM i think its better.

3. TheIronKnuckle

yeah that's all great, but e1m1 is generally recognisable no matter what shooter you started with, so it means the map achieves instant success once released. Mappers like instant success right?

4. sneh

sneh -

Personally I've given up on "success", and I make maps to please myself

E1M1 isn't my favorite map, but yeah it's the most "classic". I planned on doing a few, until I realized how long it took and it's not even really a big level. (I doubt anyone would ever appreciate the work that went into this, by just looking at it)

I am considering doing one more though.. (well two, since I'm finishing off E2M8 already)

5. sneh

sneh -

Updated the list, added DM-Barricade, DM-Fetid, CTF-EternalCave, CTF-HallofGiants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ne_skaju

ne_skaju lost and found

Aaaaaaa healpod! Aaaaaaa Viridian! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Eternal caves!

7. TheIronKnuckle

eff yeah!

8. Cox

Cox New Member

Weeee!!!
    Whats with cave, WIP or already out? Cant wait anyways.

9. sneh

sneh -

None of those have been released yet.. ;)

10. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Oh god. Hall of Giants. *drools*

11. iron12

iron12 New Member

Yeah and he would drop through some kind of portal and end up above you falling through some crossed lasers and you would have body parts raining down on you. I really miss those "Gimmiky" Maps. There seems like there was a lot of innovation and originality in UT99 that made it special to me.

12. TheIronKnuckle

I can't wait to see the new electric storm effects for barricade. Pls provide vids! :D

13. sneh

sneh -

Yeah, that's the part I'm up to actually (at the moment it's just stars and galaxies).
    I'm not too worried about making the map look super amazing, but I'd like to put a decent effort into those background effects..

I miss some of the possibilities in UT99.. In UT3 many of those kind of things are practically not possible, or kills performance, or is just buggy (like even simple doors, in Niven, won't work)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  14. TheIronKnuckle

Yeah.... like you said you were having problems with the mirrors in oblviion right?

anyways, i'm dying to play these :tup: Oblivion was always a shabby castle, it doesn't need to be anything more than that. But the outside effects like galaxies and the electrical storm over na pali are there to amaze us. I can't wait to see what you've done with them.

15. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Erm... that's not DM-Oblivion. DM-Oblivion was the first map you played on the ladder, in a spaceship.

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/DM-Oblivion

The map you're thinking of is probably DM-Barricade.

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/DM-Barricade

16. TheIronKnuckle

lol, it was a typo :p

17. $hagratH

$hagratH New Member

so when will the link to download all thoose lovely maps come??
    or have i missed it somewere in your posts??
    i was just spamming thru trying to find it cuz i havent looked at this topic for a while??

18. sneh

sneh -

I'll put links up soon, first I'm hoping to include some extra maps being made (eg. Healpod, Zeto and Arcane Temple) and I'm also putting some finishing touches on a couple maps myself..

I'll make it obvious when it's done.. :)

19. Hektor

Hektor New Member

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009