Unreal Tournament III Wishlist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
In this thread you can wish for anything and everything that would extend and improve your Unreal Tournament III experience.

I would want to have lots of more completely new maps to play. More characters. Last one Standing game type and Holy Wars game type.

Unreal Tournament 2k4 weapons and models, in fact a Unreal Tournament Revolution 2 modification featuring a complete remake of Unreal Tournament 2k4 in the new engine.

While I'm at it, Unreal Tournament Generations, enabling people to play with any weapon set and characters from the previous games in the series including everything from Unreal to UT3. Hopefully properly visually improved to the latest standard without modifying the original models beyond recognition.

Make a wish, two or many, many more!

Apr 11, 2006
I am not so sure how useful a thread like this will be when you are kind of encouraging people to be unrealistic in their wishes.

Semi-unrealistic-but-not-asking-for-the-moon wishlist:

-UWindows UI
-Fixes for bugs and stability issues on hardware configurations
-Improved vehicle handling on keyboard

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah I dunno how far I can go with mine but here we go :p

-UI editor that likes placing widgets.
-A mod installer, external app or inbuilt.
-Gorge and Malcolm as playable characters.
-Ambient Occlusion post process effect.
-A single player / cooperative ladder.
-Improved wheeled vehicle handling :)

Well thats about all I got atm

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Meh someone made a xan model on the forums, plus malcolm kicked xans arse :p

Why is it no one liked gorge, I did, he could look like a tuna fish and I would still think the idea behind the character is kewl. Not only that but thanks to him malcolm is where he is today, bottom rung :lol:

Last edited:

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
Why is it no one liked gorge, I did, he could look like a tuna fish and I would still think the idea behind the character is kewl. Not only that but thanks to him malcolm is where he is today, bottom rung :lol:
Dude, we still have Gorge. It's just that they no longer canonically explain why. Every single male character is Gorge now, we don't need specific juggernaughts who are explained as being huge because they are on steroids because that's just how epic designs characters now. They no longer give an explanation for why people would be xbox hueg, they just are. So it's not that we don't have Gorge anymore, on the contrary gorge was the model on which every single ut3 character is based. We just don't have an explanation for why, or characters that are *actually* gorge in the canon of the game.

All UT3 male models are the Juggernaughts, we have more Gorge than ever.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Well I guess you have a point visually but Im talking the story of an escaped prison forced to fight in the tourney or go back to the prisons, perhaps doing mining for liandri on the cheap side.

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
More graphical customizations like the new tech video shown.
More characters to choose from.
Making the Pulse Rifle beams more bigger and not as short as a chinese dick..

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Dude, we still have Gorge. It's just that they no longer canonically explain why. Every single male character is Gorge now, we don't need specific juggernaughts who are explained as being huge because they are on steroids because that's just how epic designs characters now. They no longer give an explanation for why people would be xbox hueg, they just are. So it's not that we don't have Gorge anymore, on the contrary gorge was the model on which every single ut3 character is based. We just don't have an explanation for why, or characters that are *actually* gorge in the canon of the game.

All UT3 male models are the Juggernaughts, we have more Gorge than ever.

I don't agree with that at all ... sure these combatants seem to be more muscular but are they really ... I'm not so sure ... Malcolm doesn't look all that much bigger to me ... just more defined now. But even if these characters are larger than in the past in terms of humans they are nowhere as big as the Juggernauts from UC2 and that is what Gorge should be look like when he is brought into the UT3 Universe. They don't need to change a thing. If you look at a picture you can see clearly that the Juggernauts in UC2 are much larger than the ones in UT2Kx which were actually shorter than regular merc models. Gorge rules ... except of course over Malcolm but I like him and think we need a huge pyscho in the tourney. Actually I always wanted to see Nikolai made into a UC2 model ... he seemed more menacing than Gorge to me.

More than anything though I would like to see the return of the Anubans armed with their lightning guns.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
I don't agree with that at all ... sure these combatants seem to be more muscular but are they really ... I'm not so sure ... Malcolm doesn't look all that much bigger to me ... just more defined now. But even if these characters are larger than in the past in terms of humans they are nowhere as big as the Juggernauts from UC2 and that is what Gorge should be look like when he is brought into the UT3 Universe. They don't need to change a thing. If you look at a picture you can see clearly that the Juggernauts in UC2 are much larger than the ones in UT2Kx which were actually shorter than regular merc models. Gorge rules ... except of course over Malcolm but I like him and think we need a huge pyscho in the tourney. Actually I always wanted to see Nikolai made into a UC2 model ... he seemed more menacing than Gorge to me.

loluguiseliekfootbal.jpg

I didn't include the UC2 because I didn't play it so I couldn't really comment. But for the record I wasn't talking about relative size, I was talking about character design.

I'd say I agree about the lg though.

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
[screenshot]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/OlympusMons/UC2004Ref/Gorge.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/OlympusMons/UC2004Ref/920087_20050307_screen027.jpg[/screenshot]

Heres the Uc2 juggernauts, anuban is certainly right they are scaled a fair bit bigger in UC2 as with the skaarj characters. UT though I can understand making characters similar sizes because of the hitbox, without the species stats its alittle unfair to make some characters much bigger :p

Last edited:

Judge Dredd Lox

"Bread and butter" my ass!
Feb 12, 2008
1. Get rid of Gayspy
2. Zoom in vehicles
3. UT2004 content
4. An apology from Mark
5. VCTF that actually uses vehicles (not manta runs)
6. Bring back Assault dammit!
7. The Ripper
8. How bout some NEW weapons? (I have a really cool idea)
9. A game made for the COMPUTER!
10. Get rid of Gayspy

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604194

Me on Epic Forums said:
[screenshot]http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/45915/2004214639583524675_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

^ That.
And fix the AI reaction once they know your location. Having a menu like the one above would help solving that issue, plus the TDM bot noobing (AIs stick together in TDM matches, I think it's a issue, especially after I played the all UT's competitively)

ORDERS: OFFENCE by default please.

Persefone

Ms God!
Jun 2, 2005
Koreans.

Crysis already showed the way. What UT3 needs is thousands of Koreans. Get rid of the lizards and put Koreans! Eapìz! Do you liszent?!

Koreans.

The future of gaming.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
AFAIK a "Wishlist" isn't bitching. :)

My use of bitching doesn't refer to this thread, it refers to everyone bitching constantly about one thing or another which they hate (yes i know these are being adressed here, but still). I just wish everyone would just enjoy the game.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Incredible graphics from Unreal Championship 2. Which reminds me, I in fact have the game but I don't have a freaking Xbox. Still waiting for that UC2k4 mod to come out... how nice wouldn't that be?